PDA

View Full Version : Italian Air Force book

spanienflieger
13th April 2005, 22:56
I am thinking about purchasing a copy of Giuseppe Valle's book "Uomini nei cieli - Storia dell'Aeronautica Italiana".

There are two editions of the book, 1958 and 1981. The later is cheaper (30 Euro instead of 50) and has a lot more pages, so I suppose that it covers also the 1958-1981 era. I am interested only in the Italian Air Force intervention in the Spanish Civil war, so I would like to know if that part is the same in both editions.

Thanks in advance

Ludovico Slongo
23rd April 2005, 00:10
dear Spanienflieger,

I'm Italian aviation enthusiast, particularly intersted in the operations of Regia Aeronautica in the early part of W.W. II.
I posses copy of "Uomini nei cieli" in its 1981 edition (and of many other books about Regia Aeronautica if you need other information).
I'm not an expert of Spanish civil war operations but I have to tell You that in my opinion this book is not at all a good source for this topic.
The part it devoted to Spanish civil war is only a mere eleven pages from 277 to 287, four of them of photos (not connected with this topic) out of the 666 pages of the book. The information in the seven remaining pages are really poor and devoid of any form of detail.
However if You are interested You can probably still buy the book (new) for 16 € plus P&P by the Italian bookseller Tuttostoria, www.tuttostoria.it (http://www.tuttostoria.it).
Kind Regards
Ludovico

spanienflieger
24th April 2005, 21:10
Thank you very much for your help. Valle's book is cited in almost every source about Italian intervention in the Spanish Civil War, so I thought it should be a useful book.

Perhaps the older edition is more detailed in this topic.

Best regards

Belgianboy
8th January 2006, 18:29
If you read French, there is an upcoming two volumes book on the Italian Air Force during the Spanish Civil war.

Willy

Ludovico Slongo
8th January 2006, 22:20
That's really interesting, could you give more details such as. author, editor or possible date of release ?

Ludovico.

Many Souffan
12th January 2006, 09:09
Hello Ludovico

Please send an email to airmagazine@wanadoo.fr and I will give you all infos about our future books about l'Aviazione legionaria.

Best regards