PDA

View Full Version : The Old Wings

Franek Grabowski
14th April 2005, 22:09
Ruy, if you think it should be moved to an offer forum, please move it.

A friend finaly started a website for his small "aviation factory". There are photos of his previous works as well as his offer including aces rudders' replicas, parts for various aircraft, etc.
If anybody is willing to contact, please add that you have read about that on TOCH forum.
http://www.stareskrzydla.pl/

Ruy Horta
14th April 2005, 22:27
Placed an edited copy of your original post in the On Offer forum.

Interesting objects, I'm especially impressed by the original WW1 a/c parts (Siemens-Schuckert SSW).

Franek Grabowski
14th April 2005, 22:44
OK. I have just send him some scans of photos of both Roland and Albatros (SSW) during the restoration, so everyone can see what a marvellous job he has done putting wooden scrap into recogniseable aircraft. Watch his page!

Artist
16th April 2005, 21:44
I was on another aircraft forum and somone alerted everyone to an Ebay site. On the site rudders were being sold as very old aircraft rudders that have been in his grandfathers atic for a long time. the seller was from England, but they look very much like mr. Klimek's. (I don't mean to say that it's him just somone maybe buying his stuff and trying to pass it off as somthing else.) Bob

Franek Grabowski
16th April 2005, 22:36
Well, one thing I am certain is that Wojtek is not selling his rudders this way. Also, WWII rudders are just 1:1 models from plywood and fabric, though Wojtek can always make a flyable replica - highest standards are possible.

Artist
16th April 2005, 22:49
Yes, that is why I explained about somone else selling them. I wrote Mr. Klimek , just to give him a heads up. I realy like his work. I paint aircraft and asked him if he would one day consider a trade of one of my paintings, for one of his rudders. Bob