PDA

View Full Version : Der Untergang

Ruy Horta
29th April 2005, 16:30
Saw the first half of this movie yesterday evening.

I was impressed by its production value and the general level of acting, although not in awe. Looking forward to finishing the movie this evening.

Was curious about the opinion of others in this community.

(ordered a copy of Twelve O'Clock High! although that's a different story!)

Ruy Horta
1st May 2005, 21:55
A few minutes ago I finished watching the second half of the movie and I must admit that I am still overawed.

This is a great film until the last second.

Apart from a good eye for detail and IMHO authenticity, they seem to have achieved the right mix. You know what will happen, yet somehow every second takes an age and events can still shock you as they finally happen.

Some characters are greater than life, yet never caricatures.

Even the end is perfect.

For those who haven't seen this film, I really recommend it.

IMHO a true classic.

mikeshilton
18th May 2005, 13:42
I watched the film at the cinema recently,I was very impressed especially as I had also read a couple of books about the last few days in the bunker,it seemed very accurate compared to what I read.I ordered a special edition two disc set from Amazon.de and look forward to watching the film again..

Douglas Jr.
16th August 2005, 18:14
Hi,

I second that opinion! The movie is one of the best - if not the best - made about the last days of Hitler and the III Reich. This is important: it is not a "war movie" but something related to Hitlerīs final moments. I would like to mention the awesome Bruno Ganzīs work as Hitler.

I strongly recomend it.

Wishes,

Douglas.