PDA

View Full Version : Jagdgeschwader 5 - Volume 3

Erik Mombeeck
6th May 2005, 10:27
Hello to all,

I recently received several messages to know when the volume 3 (on 3) of the JG 5 chronicle will be ready. It was, indeed, initially planned for the end of this year.

“Unfortunately”, these last three years were very busy for me in a professional point of view, and I had to delay the books production. I think now that mid-2006 would be the most probable time for the release of the final volume on JG 5.

But you won’t be deceived, it will provide about 500 exceptional photos (most of them never published before) and, as usually, a lot of personal first hand accounts based upon verified sources (I still found several veterans lastly who are interested to collaborate to this project).

I guess that the acknowledgment list only for JG 5 vets and/or families who helped will be over 250 names! This 3rd volume will contain many tables like losses, claims, C.O., index… Well I hope that I will be able to put all this stuff in this final volume.

I am also preparing this book in a financial point of view (be sure that each book costs much more than earns money), and want to push a little bit the sales of the preceding volumes.

Thus, if I am allowed, I would like to advertise you that during the month of May 2005, both volumes on JG 4 and the both first volumes on JG 5 (JG 1 is sold out) will be shipped for free .

Be aware that these books are written in German (in collaboration with my friend Hans Berger, former Staffelführer at the JG 1 and professional writer), but the captions, the tables and of course the hundreds photos - as well as the text itself - are accessible to enthusiasts who are not familiar with the German language.

Yours friendly, Eric Mombeek

For further details, you can contact me on : eric.mombeek@village.uunet.be and visit the web site: www.luftwaffe.be (http://www.luftwaffe.be/)

markjsheppard
7th May 2005, 01:53
Hi Eric

I for one can't wait.

Any help you need, let me know.

regards

Mark