PDA

View Full Version : This is not a future of historical writting...

Peter Kassak
13th May 2005, 10:14
HI Guys,

While there si a huge and VERY interesting discussion on future of historical writting, books , first hand accounts relevance etc...I would like to share my feelings from one book, (representative piece) of another cathegory.
So where to start: I bought JG 52 the experten from Osprey and pen of J. Weal. Luckily for me, it was used one, so I did not pay much...Why luckily? Because Again I failed to buy nice looking book , but information empty one...

BUT what moved me to write this and publish it in here was a fact, that on almost 100 pages, and showing 32 colour profiles, there is NO W.Nr. mentioned in whole book. And there are included pictures of some of the most famoust and discussed a/c of Luftwaffe (I guess at leats for Hartmann, Lipfert etc.) So how is this possible? I bet that this is partially the cause of the discussion that runs on this forum...
Why cannot be books which are just compilations of someones work to simplify the huge subject at least perfect giving all available info on that small part of data which are included?
This is DEFINITELY NOT future what we would like to see, but unfortunatelly it happens more and more often. Pictures and Photos over text, colour profiles over BW photos....

Just felt like to write these sentences here...sorry:)

Dan O'Connell
13th May 2005, 15:20
LOL if you want WNr. wait for mine in August.............but only Me 262.

Vati
16th May 2005, 23:48
Different strokes for different folkes... I am still waiting for a book which would actually have any worth info on the plane performance where the author would have at least a basic knowladge of aerodynamics.

Nick Beale
17th May 2005, 13:47
I am still waiting for a book which would actually have any worth info on the plane performance where the author would have at least a basic knowladge of aerodynamics.

As I've said here before to other people, why not write one yourself?