PDA

View Full Version : Need help for a book on Fw-58

Sergio Luis dos Santos
31st May 2005, 16:50
FW 58 BOOK

I was invited to co-write a book about this plane. Our main desire is to produce a book with lots of photos, covering from it´s creation till post war use. We have got a lot of photos but now must find Luftwaffe and foreing machines images to use.

All material will be fully credited.

Whether you can help in this project please contact me at loigres@ig.com.br (loigres@ig.com.br) or loigres@gmail.com (loigres@gmail.com) . We are very interested in hearing from interesting images and data. We want to use the most updated information about the Fw 58 so corrections on previous available books are very welcomed. Please feel free to contact me anytime about questions on this project.

Sergio Luis dos Santos

Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

CONTENTS

Prototype construction and development
Technical details – Structure, complete interior coverage, fuel and oil lines, instruments, undercarriage – with detailed pics and diagrams.
Luftwaffe use and foreign use: Training, liason, ambulance, night fighter plus civilian passenger use. Captured examples. Post war use.
Complete walk-around from the preserved Fw 58 at Museu Aeroespacial in Rio de Janeiro.
Color profiles of most interesting ones.
WANTED PHOTOS / INFORMATION:

D-OXLR plane with tricicle landing gear.
Overall white ambulance.
Russian front, winter camo.
Desert camo.
Liason planes
Foreing planes, Austria,Hungary, Bulgaria, Czec and others.
Experimental Night Figher from NJG 100.
“Pest Control” planes from Ekdo40.
Detailed pics of Zielgerät GV 219d for FW 58 B-2
Thanks in advance for any help!

Bengt Norman
2nd June 2005, 13:41
Sweden used four Weihe for air photography between 1938 to 1954. If you contact me off board I could supply you with some information.

Sergio Luis dos Santos
2nd June 2005, 22:57
Thanks Bengt,

I sent a private message through TOCH.

robert_schulte
5th June 2005, 12:33
Sergio,
do you know about the article on the Fw 58 in "Klassiker der Luftfahrt" volume 6/03? There is a photo of the tricycle-Weihe as well as an explosive drawing of the "normal" Fw58. Also one photo of an Austrian (code 302) and a Bulgarian Weihe is included.
Regards,
Robert

Sergio Luis dos Santos
5th June 2005, 19:13
Sergio,
do you know about the article on the Fw 58 in "Klassiker der Luftfahrt" volume 6/03? There is a photo of the tricycle-Weihe as well as an explosive drawing of the "normal" Fw58. Also one photo of an Austrian (code 302) and a Bulgarian Weihe is included.
Regards,
Robert

I do not know the article ( even the magazine itself! ) Remember living in Brasil things are hard to find and when available are expensive. Are there any way you could send a scan from the article as well as the direction to contact the publisher? Maybe they could help with a copy of the photos.

In case of large attachments please send them to both emails addresses.

Many thanks.

robert_schulte
5th June 2005, 20:37
Hi Sergio,

message is on its way :)
Kind regards
Robert

Sergio Luis dos Santos
14th June 2005, 16:44
Just updating my search for material.

Still no material from Argentina (got a photo but can´t use), Spain and Slovakia. Never saw a photo from Spanish one. Were they real?

Also looking for information on night-figher and night-attack models as well as pics from GV 219d bomb-sight.

My best thanks to the ones that provided me help on this project !:D

Sergio Luis dos Santos
29th June 2005, 15:00
Just a correction whose mistake was pointed by Sven Carlsen. Wrong words about the EKdo 40 machines I´m looking for. In fact need photos of the ones with spraying devices, not "pest control"... Thanks for all help I have got!

Simon Schatz
2nd July 2005, 22:58
Hi Sergio!

Do you know the booklet FOCKE WULF FW 58 "WEIHE", Luftfahrt Bild-Dokumente LBD 2, Hans Rolbetzki, Publizistisches Archiv Karl R. Pawlas?

There are about 80 pics in there. Most of them full page showing many different Fw 58 and many detail shots. There are also 2 pics of Austrian Fw 58 in there. 302 and 303

I tried to find the book at www.zvab.com (http://www.zvab.com) and www.abe.com (http://www.abe.com) but no results.

Cheers, Simon

Sergio Luis dos Santos
3rd July 2005, 14:58
Hi Simon,

No, I do not have any book about the Fw-58. At end of 2004 I did a pool here and at Hyperscale about the interest in a book on the Weihe. I remember someone told me a book was published in Germany but no other information was sent. We have till know copies from articles dealing with the Turkish, Sweden and Dutch planes. Also some interesting articles as the one mentioned above plus the Luftfahrt International.

Most challenging yet is to find photos we can publish. Hard to find sources for the Turkish ones. Argentinean ones found.

Hugs,

Simon Schatz
3rd July 2005, 20:39
Hi Sergio,

here is a ist of all planes published in the booklet.

D-ABEM
D-ABUO
D-ODUY
D-ODFN
D-OTRE
D-AHOT
D-APAN
D-OXLR
D-ALEX
5 pics Lufthansa planes (no markings visible)
D-OKAO
D-OBFQ
D-OBDT
D-OAWO
D-OKCM
D-OSDC
197 flown by dutch airforce
D-OCRQ
D-OZUM
D-OFHK
D-OFHK
D-OZUN
D-OPOV
VB+TP
D-OVJD
302, 302 flown by austrian airforce
TR+AU ambulance plane

Cheers, Simon

Sergio Luis dos Santos
4th July 2005, 15:59
Many thanks for your help and work! I do believe that Sandro, the other author may have a copy but I asked him to check.

Hugs,

Simon Schatz
4th July 2005, 22:20
Hi Sergio!

Found a picture of a Weihe i my collection. Markings are DK+FB. Date of the pic is not known. The quality is not the best. Possible that the pic was taken in austria, because of the mountains in the background.

Cheers, Simon

Sergio Luis dos Santos
7th July 2005, 17:18
Simon, Sandro confirmed he has a copy of this book. Thanks again for your help. I posted a private message to you.
Hugs from cold and rainny Rio,

Andyf
1st August 2005, 14:09
Hi Sergio!

Pls check you mail (prospect & spare parts list)!

BTW I have in archive drawing and photos of Zielgerät GV 219d!

Cheers
Andyf

robert_schulte
9th September 2005, 09:19
Sergio,

I have found in the attic some issues of the old "Luftfahrt international" (from 1974 to 1976) with an article in three parts about the "Weihe". The article has about 100 (!) pages. Included is a chapter about a Weihe for boundary layer experiments wih some photos and a description of this plane from 1938. Also there is a photo of three Austrian Fw 58 (Code 301 to 303) lined up at an airport together with some more Austrian planes.
And last not least an overview of Werknummern containing all codes that have been proved by documents, including "foreign" Fw 58.
Would this be interesting for You?
Kind regards
Robert

Sergio Luis dos Santos
9th September 2005, 14:58
Hi Robert,

The material is of great interest. We have some copies from Luftfahrt International but not the complete issues. The W.Nr. listing and layer machine is not covered in the material we got.

It`ll be useful since we have obtained several photos and could try identify the machines or compliment the listings crossing their Stkz with the W.Nr. data.

Please drop me a private message to loigres@ig.com.br or loigres@gmail.com

Many thanks!!

robert_schulte
9th September 2005, 18:29
Hi Sergio,

I will scan the pages this weekend I hope. Today the weather is too nice ;)

Kind regards
Robert

José Lourenço
13th September 2005, 22:04
Mr. Sérgio Luis
The Spain had never received a single one Fw58. This is one of the tales about this plane.
All the best
ps.
I've been trying to contact you off board, please contact me via:
jloujr@globo.com