jad
3rd June 2005, 16:56
NACHTJAGER VOLUME 1: Luftwaffe Fighter Units 1939-45

http://www.specialtypress.com/vstore/showdetl.cfm?DID=8&Product_ID=1423&CATID=1

Me 262 PRODUCTION LOG

http://www.specialtypress.com/vstore/showdetl.cfm?DID=8&Product_ID=1435&CATID=1

Sergio Luis dos Santos
3rd June 2005, 18:35
Great they will release a series on Night Fighters!

Stay tuned, another nice series will be released this year. ( "Don´t ask me,can´t tell" )

Jim P.
3rd June 2005, 19:46
Ok, so when do we see something on the Stukas and Schlachtgruppen????

edwest
4th June 2005, 06:34
Luftwaffe Schlachtgruppen by John Weal, published by Osprey.

Usual disclaimer,
Ed

jad
4th June 2005, 17:12
More books from Classic:

- Zertorer Vol. 1 Luftwaffee Fighter Bombers & Destroyers 1939-45

- Sea Eagles Vol. 1 Luftwaffe Sea-Strike & Maritime Units 1939-45

Nick Beale
5th June 2005, 00:36
When someone comes forward and offers to write it?

Six Nifty .50s
7th June 2005, 18:31

Several "classic publications" on those subjects have been available for some time now:

Deichmann, Paul. German Air Force Operations in Support of the Army. USAF Historical Study No. 163. USAF Historical Division, Research Studies Institute, Maxwell Air Force Base, 1962.

Galland, Adolf and Hubertus Hitschold. Entwicklung der Sclachtflieger. Historical Analysis. USAF Historical Research Center, Maxwell Air Force Base, February 1957.

Hitschold, Hubertus. Die Sclachtfliegerie in der deutschen Luftwaffe. Historical Study. USAF Historical Research Center, Maxwell Air Force Base, February 1957.

Meyer, Bruno. Einsatz von Schlachtfliegeren. USAF Historical Research Center, Maxwell Air Force Base, March 1953.

Erich
12th June 2005, 23:26
96 pages for a softbound and at $30.00 US for the Nachtjäger ? Hmmmmmmmm think I'll wait for Dr. Boitens works on the nachtjagd air war and his victories book. And yes prices are insane are they not ? :D

E ~

Nick Beale
13th June 2005, 14:08
96 pages for a softbound and at $30.00 US for the Nachtjäger ? Hmmmmmmmm think I'll wait for Dr. Boitens works on the nachtjagd air war and his victories book. And yes prices are insane are they not ? :D

E ~

Right now the $ is weak and the £ is strong. Such is capitalism - not that American goods have got noticeably cheaper over here!

Jim P.
13th June 2005, 19:39
And I repeat the question: "Ok, so when do we see something on the Stukas and Schlachtgruppen????" For real. By someone who actually knows what he's talking about. Come on guys, you what I'm talking about - a unit history/Jagdwaffe like treatment - not some post-war essays (one could never accuse Hitschold of not knowing his business) or pulp pseudo-history.

FalkeEins
13th June 2005, 19:57
..thought that was Martin Pegg's area of expertise..wasn't he working on a Ju 87 follow up to the HS 129 opus.. and didn't he produce a Stuka/Schlacht volume many moons ago for..er..um..Osprey..(!)
guess he's too busy churning out Classic monographs..

Erich
13th June 2005, 21:10
right O Nick that is why I had put the smilie icon at the end of my post......the dollar is losing face rather rapidly....

yes M. Pegg is supposedly working on a Classic volume on the Ju 87, and wasn't German friend Christain Möller going to have his book on the Nachtschlachtgruppen somewhere in the near future ??

E ~

Nick Beale
14th June 2005, 14:03
right O Nick that is why I had put the smilie icon at the end of my post......the dollar is losing face rather rapidly....

True. And when I can by my next Apple Mac as cheaply as you can (computers have a special exchange rate: $1 = £1) maybe you will get cheaper books. But I don't think we need expect that any time soon!

Andrew Arthy
15th June 2005, 10:52
..thought that was Martin Pegg's area of expertise..wasn't he working on a Ju 87 follow up to the HS 129 opus.. and didn't he produce a Stuka/Schlacht volume many moons ago for..er..um..Osprey..(!)
guess he's too busy churning out Classic monographs..

Hi Neil,

I asked Martin about this a couple of weeks ago. He is working on a transport book at the moment, and after that he will move on to the Ju 87 project.

Cheers,
Andrew A.

Ruy Horta
15th June 2005, 11:20
The current exchange rate is very nice, since it finally turned around the tables for us poor europeans!

For years we had to struggle against high exchange rates, both on the US$ and UK£ fronts, but now the € has stood positively against these currencies for quite a nice long period. Don't repeat this to others, but I even regard many recent publications as relatively cheap - at least, if you shop around.

So to turn the story around, Classic has never been cheaper (relatively speaking of course).

From my point of view the match between Ian Allan and Classic is baring fruits. Although some will argue with me on this point I really think that Classic is one of the best publishers in the (english language) business.

Besides if you really want a book you will pay any price.

Dénes Bernád
24th June 2005, 20:50
Jim P. wrote: "And I repeat the question: "Ok, so when do we see something on the Stukas and Schlachtgruppen????" For real. By someone who actually knows what he's talking about. "

Recently I was turned down by Osprey with a title I suggested to them, dealing with the Rumanian bomber and ground attack aces of ww2 (allegedly not enough interest).

Andy Fletcher
25th June 2005, 21:46
Recently I was turned down by Osprey with a title I suggested to them, dealing with the Rumanian bomber and ground attack aces of ww2 (allegedly not enough interest).

Hi Dénes,

That's such a pity, it's so hard to find good info on Axis Minor Air Forces in English (especially non fighter pilots). Hopefully some publisher will take you up, I for one would buy it.

Regards

Andy Fletcher

Nick Beale
13th July 2005, 22:38
Just to report that "Kampfflieger volume 4" is now out (I received my author's copy yesterday). This volume covers from the Kursk offensive in Summer 1943 to the end of the war.