PDA

View Full Version : JG2 and JG4 in English are available now

etraro
13th March 2009, 14:34
Thanks to Erik, I have the unique chance to get the two books from the printer in China directly . Since I am the very first customer have received the books, I am glad to post my feeling here. The first impression of the books is very good, gives me the same feeling when I got Eagle Edtions' JG300. The books are well produced by using semi-gloss paper and full of text and photos. Most photos are "new" to me and well reproduced. Text are basicaly day by day account but heavily incorporated with veterans's war time report and vivid recollection like Erik has done in his JG1, not the boring war diary style just giving you the impression that everyday is the same day. I have no time to read much but after thumbing through the books, I can recommend the books to all TOCH members with no reserve.

Congratulations to Erik, Jean-Louis and Neil. I wish to see the coming of the following volumes soon.

Luke

Nokose
13th March 2009, 23:00
So no mid-March delivery?

Erik Mombeeck
14th March 2009, 18:08
Hello,

unfortunately, we could not avoid the usual delays for technical reasons. Nevertheless, the books should be in the USA within 10 days and in UK within 2 week. So, the first deliveries can be expected for the first half of April. Several members of TOCH and Lemb who reserved their copies will be the first served.
Luke, thanks for the nice words. Don't forget to mention Chris Goss too who participated to the first volume of the JG 2 chronicle.
I hope that your very positive impression will be shared by many enthusiasts.

Regards

Erik

FalkeEins
8th April 2009, 15:33
my copies arrived yesterday - delivered in person by Erik Mombeeck himself - needless to say I was very impressed !
The books are superbly produced. The photographic content of the JG 2 volume in particular will have even the hardened enthusiast drooling - with many rescued from the files of the ECPA-D where they would otherwise languish (each individual ECPA-D photo costs a considerable sum to reproduce last time I enquired!). Please support Erik in this venture. Further volumes are in preparation, but sales have to follow in order to recoup the considerable expenses incurred. Happy reading!

Sylvester Stadler
9th April 2009, 03:13
Which book sellers in the U.S. have the JG 2 book on the market?

Erik Mombeeck
9th April 2009, 09:40
Hi Sylvester,

You are welcomed to order the books directly from me. They will be sent to you from the USA.

For details, please visit: www.luftwaffe.be (http://www.luftwaffe.be/) / What's new.

Regards

Erik

Nokose
4th June 2009, 22:06
I purchased these books mainly for the one on JG4 but have found the JG2 book to be very good. I a wait the next installment of both. If you haven't got them yet they are worth it.

David P. Williams
5th June 2009, 18:39
Hi Erik,

I'd like to order the JG 2 book. Could you just clarify it will be posted from the U.S.A and the price for mailing quoted is for airmail and not surface post.

Congratulations and many thanks,

David.

Erik Mombeeck
5th June 2009, 20:59
Hi David,

thanks for your interest. in fact, there is a batch in the UK and another one in the USA. So, your copy would be sent from Great-Britain.

Please send me a p.m. or an e-mail (easy foundable on www.luftwaffe.be (http://www.luftwaffe.be)).

Best regards

Erik

David P. Williams
15th June 2009, 14:38
Hi Erik,

I received my copy of the English version of JG 2 this morning. Although i have not been able to read it from cover to cover the quality of the book, photographs and profiles is very good. Well worth the wait!

I recommend it to anyone interested either in this Geschwader or period of the airwar.

Well done Erik and thanks for getting it to me so quickly.

All the very best,

David.

Del Davis
9th March 2010, 03:36
Both volumes can now be purchased at Amazon.com and they will ship from an inventory located in the US. The current inventory on the site shows 10 of each volume. This will be replenished to meet demand

Nokose
30th March 2011, 08:13
With JG5 completed in German is there a possiblity of JG4 volume 2 being printed in English to complete that unit. JG2 volume 2 in English I would buy with it.

FalkeEins
30th March 2011, 14:53
I believe I am correct in saying that JG 4 Vol II in English is coming soon.. ie later this year, while JG 2 Vol II in English is ready as well. However I think Erik intends to put out JG 26 Vol I (not in English) before JG 2 Vol II...all things being equal JG 5 Vol I in English might see the light of day next year, but again it really depends on whether there are sufficient sales to cover costs and finance the next volumes.

SpitfireZPC
30th March 2011, 15:14
My copy of JG 2 arrived today and it looks superb! Can't wait to dive into it. :D

- Chris

Erik Mombeeck
1st April 2011, 18:44
Hi Chris, hope that you will like this book.

Falkee, yes, you are correct, one of the next books will be JG 4 volume 2 in English, I guess, for next autumn or already summer?

But I really have no plans to start a translation of JG 5 in English.

JG 5 volume 4 will be delivered very soon here.

Best regards
Erik
www.luftwaffe.be (http://www.luftwaffe.be)

SpitfireZPC
1st April 2011, 18:58
Really enjoying it Erik! Fantastic work.

:D - Chris

Lagarto
9th April 2011, 21:12
But I really have no plans to start a translation of JG 5 in English.

If you ever published JG 5 in English, I'd certainly be happy to buy a copy. I'm looking forward to JG 4 vol 2!