PDA

View Full Version : Hawker Hind mid air collision over Staplehurst Kent

Trevor Matthews
13th May 2009, 11:10
2 Hawker Hinds collided over Staplehurst Kent in the 1930's does anybody have any information on the aircraft involved?

Any information of help.

Many thanks in advance

Trevor

Andy Saunders
14th May 2009, 11:10
The only incident I have that may be related is the collision between K6648 and K4638 (21 Squadron) which is recorded "near Lympne" on 29 May 1937. Might be worth a local newspaper trawl for that date? Its a bit of a way from Lympne, though, but may be the one. If it was a pair of Hinds I can at the moment find no other contenders.

sirstrifir
15th September 2009, 04:36
Nice work--thank you for sharing-
Thanks so much for this. I appreciate the effort. It really helps a lot.
Glad to hear you're using this: I plan to keep it much more aggressively up-to-date than has been the case in the past, but don't hesitate to let me know if you find errors or need clarifications.

paulmcmillan
21st October 2009, 12:27
Kent Collisions

Two Furys of 1 Fighter Sqn (Tangmere) Collided on 26 May 1932 at Buckingham Park, Shoreham on Sea

P/O Neville Howard Jackson killed, F/O G.J.S. Chatterton bailed out (un-injured)

P/O Robert Vincent Rolph aged 20 died in Collision at Tangmere 28th Feb 1933 with P/O Colin Campbell McMullen (slight injuries landed ok) they were both with 43 Sqn (Tangmere) flying Fury's. Rolph crashed in a field about a mile from Halnaker