PDA

View Full Version : Stukageschwader2 book

romaink
26th June 2005, 19:03
Can anyone give me an opinion on the following book:Stukageschwader 2 Immelmann: Eine Dokumentation uber das erfolgreichste deutsche Stukageschwader by Nauroth. I am looking for nice photo book on Stukas.

I have only found it on the internet. The book is rather expensive and I would rather not buy it site unseen. Thanks.

Richard

Nick Beale
27th June 2005, 14:28
I did see a copy many years ago. As I remember, it was a large format book (A4 ?) and mostly photographic. I remember it as being mostly Ju 87s and people with not very much coverage of the era with the Fw 190 at the end of the war.

Also, it was expensive!

FalkeEins
27th June 2005, 16:36
..bought my copy (still shrink-wrapped)a couple of years ago from www.christian-schmidt.com for 24 Euros..first published 1988 Verlag Schütz, 350 pages, large format..it is an "umfangreiche und erschöpfende Bildchronik" (extensive and exhaustive pictorial history) according to the blurb..documenting the life and times in war and peace of the Immelmann Geschwader..the last 50 pages deal with the post-war AG 51 (Aufklärungsgeschwader RF-84, F104s, F4s )
Not much coverage of the Fw 190..or many 190s correctly identified come to that..

if you've got Nauroth's JG 2 book you'll know what to expect..I'm not unhappy with it, but of the 600+ photos I'd say less than 50% featured the Ju 87..