PDA

View Full Version : How Accurate is this Info

R Leonard
9th January 2005, 05:19
Official USAF site

http://www.maxwell.af.mil/au/afhra/wwwroot/aerial_victory_credits/avc_wwii_index.html

Comments?

Rich

JACK COOK
10th January 2005, 05:56
Frank Olynyk's tabulations are by far more detailed, accurate and up to date.

Locobuster
10th January 2005, 06:05
Where would I find Frank's list? Is it anywhere on the net?

Ruy Horta
10th January 2005, 09:36
Stars and Bars
A Tribute to the American Fighter Ace 1920-1973
Frank Olynyk
698 pages
Grub Street, 1995
ISBN: 1898697175

Frank Olynyk
10th January 2005, 09:49
Ruy,
Jack was referring to my 9 spiral bound Victory Lists (plus one currently unavailable, and others in the pipeline). Should I email my price list?

Also, Stars and Bars is "only" 668 pages long (21 signatures of 32 pages each, the maximum that the binder could handle). Unfortunately it is out of print, but I continue to gather information for an eventual update.

Rich,
The website at the Air University (Maxwell AFB) is the official list for the USAF (WW1 to the present). It has victories only, with few details, and is based on official publication of victory credits; some WW2 USAAF Air Forces published Victory Credit Board reports (8th & 9th); others published "Credits for the Destruction of Enemy Aircraft" in General Orders or Special Orders, a practice which continues for the USAF today (they exist for Korea through Kosovo). *My* lists of course are far superior! :D

Enjoy!

Frank.

R Leonard
17th January 2005, 04:54
Thanks to all for your comments.

I rank as one of my larger mistakes buying a copy of Stars and Bars for my brother one Christmas and not buying one for me at the same time.

Frank, when you get a chance, no rush, could you please contact me off line?

Thanks,

Rich

rdkcleon@rcn.com