PDA

View Full Version : What happend to the crew of Waldemar Teige? KG53

Thomas H
26th June 2010, 15:30
Hi,

Does anyone know what happend to the crew of Ritterkreuzträger Ofw. Waldemar Teige after his dead on October 3rd 1942?

Crew:

BO: Fw. Glonner - - - ?
BF: Fw. Rieck - - - ?
BS: Fw. Erich Kalisch - - - KIA June 1st 1944 (6./KG53, Russia)

Thanks,

Thomas

thenelm
29th June 2010, 00:14
He 111H-6, 7410, TEIGE, Ofw. Waldemar, 9, , 6., KG 53, , , , , 03-Oct-42, KIA due to Flak. Remaining crew injured., F RK., Lfl.1/Eins.Osten, Gen.Qu.6.Abt. (mfm #7)-Vol.11, , PlQu.38 74, 100%, F, B Uffz. Ernst Acker, Bf Uffz. Heinz Windele, Bm Fw. Helmut Gerdes & Bs Fw. Ernst Kalisch, ,

Most of your crew names don't appear to match.

Thomas H
29th June 2010, 12:55
Thanks for your reply.

I could be wrong with Kalisch, don't know his first name. I just found a Fw. Erich Kalisch KIA in the KG53 book by H. Kiehl (page 334), so thought it could be the Kalisch from Teige's crew.

The names I provided are the names of his crew when he got his Ritterkreuz awarded by Keller on the 10th of June 1942 and also when their He111 was hit by Flak on the 26th of September 1942, 8 days before his dead.

The names you provided don't ring a bell for me and I have no assumption to think that his crew changed after the 26th of September. As far as I know they were his crew on this fatal 3th of October.

Regards, Thomas

ps. you have Ernst Kalisch and not Erich Kalisch, just a side note. As I said, I don't know the first name of Kalisch from Teige's crew.

Brian Bines
29th June 2010, 15:05
The Luftwaffe Qm's returns show the crew on 3rd. Oct all as the post by thenelm . I read that the Heinkel was hit by Russian AA flown back to the German Lines where the crew baled out with Ofw. Telge's parachute catching on the tailplane taking him to his death. Telge had been presented with the RK on 7-6-42 presented by Gen. Keller and following his death was buried ar SoldatFriedhof Pleskau.

Thomas H
29th June 2010, 15:25
Hi Brian,

I don't see in why his crew would have changed between 26/09/42 and 03/10/42! The info you and thenelm presented comes as a surprise for me.

Teige was granted the RK on the 7th, but the actual awarding by Gen. Keller took place on the 10th in Korowje-Selo.

I would still like to know what happend to the crew he had on the 26th of September, those are the names I provided.

Maybe there is somebody on the forum with photos of his funeral, these photos should show his crew!

Regards, Thomas

Brian Bines
29th June 2010, 19:50
Hi Thomas,

I have seen a photo. of the Telge crew looking at Flak damage to their aircraft dated 26-9-42. It states Ritterkreuztrger Ofw.Telge and his crew on return from a Feindflug. There are 5 crewman in the photo so it looks like none of the crew were injured in the incident, unfortunately they are not named. Sorry but I have no information on the two crewmen you mention,

Regards

Brian Bines

Thomas H
29th June 2010, 20:15
Hi Brian,

I know that photo. Second from the left is Fw. Rieck, then Fw. Glonner, wearing the leather jacket. Indeed nobody got injured of the crew.

This photo and the info can be seen in the 5th edition of "Luftwaffe im Focus" page 42.

Regards, Thomas

thenelm
4th July 2010, 20:47
Xaver Glonner is listed in the Gen.Qu. reports as having been WIA due to Flak on 15-Dec-41 with 5./KG 53. I have no further mention of the name, nor that of Rieck in my database - if they lasted into 1944 then, of course, there is no Gen.Qu. data for that timeframe. All Brian & I can tell you is what the loss report says. The other crewmen could have been missing for any number of reasons - leave for one reason or another, or the crew was broken up to add some experience to replacement crews - take your pick.

Thomas H
6th July 2010, 14:47
Thanks again for your reply, it is much appreciated!

Xaver Glonner is listed in the Gen.Qu. reports as having been WIA due to Flak on 15-Dec-41 with 5./KG 53.

This information is new to me and explains the black woundbadge Glonner was wearing.

Kind regards,

Thomas