PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney

nick de carteret
6th October 2005, 19:03
Does anyone who has a copy of 'The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney' by Powell and Ivie, know where this book can be purchased? Thanks if you have any info.

Erich
6th October 2005, 20:41
Nick go their web-site and order a copy from friend Bob "Punchy" Powell. Have had mine for 10 plus years. Great US fg history

E ~

nick de carteret
6th October 2005, 23:09
Thanks for the reply Erich. I've already done that and unfortunately Bob Powell only has seven copies left and they are reserved strictly for veterans of the 352nd and/or their families.

So now I am left wondering if there is anywhere else to source this book and hence my post on this thread.

nick de carteret
7th October 2005, 03:01
In case anyone is interested, here is part of the letter from Bob Powell in which he mentions a new book on the 352nd which will be published Spring 2006.

" When our stock of this book reached 25 copies I vowed that I would not sell any of these to anyone other than one of our 352nd FG veterans or an immediate family member, i.e. son, daughter, brother, sister or grandchild and I have maintained that vow. There are only seven copies remaining and I have promised three of these to veterans' family members at the original price of $50.
Occasionally, when one of our veterans dies, his family (usually a second marriage widow with no real interest in the book) will put one up for sale on ebay or elsewhere.
We are going to press with our next book on the 352nd (in which I flew as a pilot) in early 2006. The title will be "Bluenoser Tales" and it will be a compilation of first-person stories by and about the 352nd pilots and airmen, hopefully to publish in the Spring.
Again, thank you for your interest in our outstanding fighter group and I regret that I cannot accomodate you".