PDA

View Full Version : Movie Inquiry

taitbb
12th March 2012, 20:59
I was wondering if anyone could with a movie i saw a long time ago.

WWII movie about a group of soldiers in panzer outfit.
One of the members was i believe a volunteer from France.
There were many good tank battle scenes. Their tank was a selfpropelled gun of some type. I want to say it was a hetzer...but could have been something else.

It was in colour...and I don't think it was dubbed in english, but it may have been.

I would guess the movie had to have been made late 70's or early 80's.

Felix C
13th March 2012, 01:28
Battle of the Last Panzer? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0140840/

taitbb
18th March 2012, 04:21
TY. I am fairly certain that isnt it. I think they were on the eastern front for much of the movie.

Jan Gazda
18th March 2012, 13:32
Not sure but the movie in question might be The Misfit Brigade, made in 1987 and based on Sven Hasselīs novel Wheels of Terror. It plays on the Eastern front, they use Hetzers and one of the unit members is an ex-French Legionaire, so it might fit to your description..

Jan

taitbb
19th March 2012, 04:26
The Misfits Brigade, that is it. TY. Time to dredge up a copy. The reviews suggest it is a bit more light-hearted than I recall. In the vein of Kellys Heroes/Dirty Dozen.

Brian Bines
21st March 2012, 19:05
This would be Wheels of Terror also out as The Misfit Brigade starring Oliver Reed and David Carridine. Its also out as Doden Pa Larvfotter and Los Panzers de la Muerte the spoken language is English with subtitles in
Scandinavian or Spanish in each case. If you have a multi-region player there are some on E-Bay.

taitbb
26th March 2012, 15:50
Having just watched it..it was OK, but not not great.

All the tanks were of Russian origin. T-55ish representing I suppose a Tiger or Panther. The teams tank later is an SU-100 self propelled gun, not a hetzer. And of course they fight some t-34-85s. Panzer battle scenes weren't too bad.