PDA

View Full Version : Black Cross/Red Star, Vol. 3 - publication coming closer

Christer Bergström
18th December 2005, 01:39
I have the printed out laid out book here from Eagle Editions, for my proof reading. A total of 272 pages, and I have proofread (very carefully) until page 78. Looks very good, I can say! Eagle Editions may be slow in turning out books, but they know how to do good-looking books.

So, friends, it looks as though the last word from Eagle Editions - that it will be published by Spring 2006 - is correct. My proofreading will be completed during next week, and then I'll rush the printout pages back to Jerry & Judy in Montana.

nick de carteret
18th December 2005, 04:24
Looking forward to this one but wish that I could lay my hands on a copy of Volume 1 also.

Boandlgramer
18th December 2005, 11:21
excellent news

Jim Oxley
19th December 2005, 03:34
Great news Christer, am really looking forward to it. And at 272 pages it's bigger than Vol.2.

I must have read both Volumes 1 and 2 several times over while waiting for Volume 3. I think I'll start reading Vol.1 again around end February, so that by the time Vol.3 is out I'll have finished the first two. Provide a continuity to the theme. :)

Christer Bergström
19th December 2005, 22:46
at 272 pages it's bigger than Vol.2

Yes indeed.

And more photos, larger photos, even better reproduction quality, and even more rare photos. And much more colour, including quite a few very LARGE colour photos.

Plus that there are more colour profiles in Vol. 3 too - 36 in total. All by Claes Sundin.

Right now I am proofreading the printouts from the publisher, Eagle Editions. When they sent me the printouts of the book, they wrote this about the continued Black Cross/Red Star series:

"When you send the book back to me, you might as well send Vol. 4. Now that I have a real handle on this series, I'll bet it can be cranked out rather quickly, no more of this taking years to do. I have a good ‘formula’ now for our books. I can hardly wait to see them all lined up on the bookshelf, a great goal!"

It's my 13th book. Let's hope it brings luck!

Christer Bergström
30th December 2005, 12:50
Just completed the proofreading of the printouts.

Sent this to the publisher:

"If you will have the proofread pages around 10 January, then when do you figure you will be able to send the book to the printer? Then how long will it take before the book is published?"

... and got this reply back:

"After I get the book back from you, I’ll make your corrections – do you want to see the corrections again? Then after all these have been done and the profile pages ‘fixed’ I’ll give it to our indexer who will take about three weeks to do that. Say I get it to her end of January (probably worst case scenario) she will get it to me mid Feb. I’ll get it right off to the printer who will take about two months. Looks like April."