PDA

View Full Version : KG 55 Items and Information

aastyer
11th February 2014, 16:09
Folks, I am looking for any KG 55 items and information for the period 1 sep 39 to 1 Jan 43. I am looking for a Flugbuch and/or Soldbuch for OFW Richard Stramm. I can provide more information for Herr Stramm too. Any HE 111 and/or KG55 battlefield relics from that period of time would be nice too. Does anyone have access to the unit log books for KG 55 during that period? Does any one have living KG55 POCs and their info? I know the KG55 association does not exisit anymore. Thank you to the many people who have helped on theis wonderful web site to continue researching Herr Stramm. He is the father of my Gemran wife's cousin. I do travel to Germany on business regularly. I also can read, write and speak a little German too. Thank you in advance. Please feel free to contact me and ask any questions. R/S and S/F,

Spanferkel
18th February 2014, 23:57
Anthony

There is a collector on another site who was a large collector of KG 55 items and has recently started selling off items. I will try to get the link for you to pursue.

Also there are sites where you can find copied Flugbucher although they are typically not narrowed down to unit you would need to know some names of KG55 members to start searching for copies.

Regards
Jeremy

aastyer
24th February 2014, 15:48
Jeremy, Many thanks. I hope you can find that link. Cheers!

Spanferkel
6th March 2014, 13:52
Anthony

Looks like you already did his name is Jim Murphy on the Wehrmacht Awards Forum.

Hopefully he was able to assist you a bit.

Regards
Jeremy

aastyer
10th March 2014, 13:07
Jeremy, Thank you very much.