PDA

View Full Version : An Ordinary Day in 1945

Peter Kassak
19th January 2006, 10:02
I am finally happy to announce print of my research dealing with air battles over europe on Macrh 2, 1945. Please follow web site for more information.

http://mmpbooks.biz/books/8389450224/8389450224p.htm

Thanks to all from this discussion board that helped and contributed. Hopefully this work will be base for other more detailed studies and will help in further research of air war over Europe.
Enjoy reading and any feedback is welcomed...

Peter

drgondog
21st January 2006, 18:45
Peter - congratulations. I happened to use 2 March, 1945 as as appendix to describe 'Typical Mission of 355th FG' also in my book Angels, Bulldogs and Dragons - History of the 355th FG in World War II'

A minor correction for your painting title. Edwin Heller's Mustangs were "Hell-er Bust" (not Burst) also for his F-86 in Korea.

Regards,

Bill Marshall

alex crawford
21st January 2006, 21:49
Hi Peter,

I've got my copy on order from MMP. I'm looking forward to a good read.

Alex

Peter Kassak
22nd January 2006, 12:18
Bill,
May I see the appendix from your book? Thanks
And to Alex and Bill, hope you will enjoy reading and any comments are appreciated...:)

Peter

Allan125
2nd February 2006, 20:02
Hello Peter

I have now had my copy for a few days and it is an excellent, well researched, publication.

cheers

Allan

Peter Kassak
3rd February 2006, 10:02
Thanks Allan,

I am glad you like it. Maybe you are not aware of adding I published on web site: http://mmpbooks.biz/books/8389450224/adds/index.htm
have a nice reading

Peter:)

Don Caldwell
9th February 2006, 20:34
Peter is to be congratulated for a very readable book. Its format is typical Mushroom: 80 pages packed to the margins with text, tables, photos, and color profiles.The "ordinary day" is 2 March 1945, and the scope is Luftwaffe activity against the Western Allies. Peter covers primarily the tactical fighters' opposition to 2nd TAF and the 9th Air Force, and the struggle of the conventional fighters of the RLV with the 8th Air Force. The ex-Wilde Sau fighters of JG 300 and JG 301 and the test unit JGr 10 were able to down only six heavy bombers and at most five fighters for the loss of 29 KIA + MIA, 10 WIA, and 43 Fw 190s + Bf 109s. On the very next day the jet unit JG 7 made its first mass attack against the heavies, taking over this task from the prop fighters, which flew only one more large-scale intercept mission.I recommend this reasonably-priced book for anyone interested in the late-war Luftwaffe fighter force or the RAF and USAAF in the ETO.Horrido!Don

drgondog
10th February 2006, 02:43
BioTerror - the 2nd March, 1945 Mission for the 355th is what I used in pages 162-176 to take the reader from the first issuance of Teletype Frag Order from 2BD/8AF HQ to 355th FG to outline the mission all the way through the wake up sequences, crew chief alerts to fuel and arm the MUstangs, etc, etc .. to the debriefing at the end of the mission which is prepared by each squadron intelligence officer - and finally rolled up by the Group Intelligence Officer Danny Lewis and forwarded to 8th AF HQ.

If you can get a copy of Angels, Bulldogs and Dragons, you have my permission to use it in it's entirety or in part.

Regards,

Bill

Peter Kassak
10th February 2006, 09:22
Don: Thank you for very nice review and words to the address of my book. I tried my best in this project...although I am trying harder with some future ones I hope;)
Bill: Thanks. I will have a look for a copy at least to read the details of a mission...pitty that I did not get it earlier:)

Sergio Luis dos Santos
10th February 2006, 20:47
Just saw it today. My congrats also Peter. Very soon IŽll "join the club":lol: