PDA

View Full Version : Aufklarer and Courage Alone by Hikoki

n8452x
14th February 2006, 20:03
Greetings,
New to the forum, but have a pretty good collection in my library on the subject. I've been looking for these two books for the better part of 6 months without success, and I'm curious why Hikoki doesn't or can't reprint them. There seems to be quite an interest out there...?

I did manage to scoop up a copy of "Wings of Italy" by GAE in Italy, that was well worth the hunt! But these other titles have been a bust trying to find.

Cheers!
Ryan Wubben
Madison, WI

etraro
16th February 2006, 16:38
Ryan,
The first book was seen in Ebay weeks ago and the final bidding is around 52USD. the price is not high but I am wondering if you can find it again in Ebay in the near future, as I know the copies are very limited considering it was published in the very beginning of the Hikoki Pub in 1997. BTW,It has been translated into German and the German copy is easy to find.
"Courage alone" was sold at around 500USD(!) months ago in Ebay. It's a great book but I do not think it worth 500USD. You can find much better books on this topic if you know Italian...

Luke

fsbofk
17th February 2006, 02:58
I just ordered Hikoki's Aufklarer from Amazon.uk, selling for 39GBP. Apparently they still have copies - it's described as "new," but I'll see that when I believe it !

etraro
17th February 2006, 06:51
I just ordered Hikoki's Aufklarer from Amazon.uk, selling for 39GBP. Apparently they still have copies - it's described as "new," but I'll see that when I believe it !
I do not want to disappoint you but please note this is a special order. Amazon.uk will refund you finally.
If you can not find the book in abebooks.com, I do not believe amazon.uk has chance to get it. I believe this book is out of stock for at least 5 years.

Gianandrea Bussi
17th February 2006, 09:24
The german edition of Aufklaerer is still available at 19.95 GBP from
www.midlandcountiessuperstore.com

I don't know whether the italian edition of "Courage Alone" is still available at the italian book selling Tuttostoria (info@tuttostoria.it)

Please note that this last book, well printed, with nice drawings and pictures,
contains not only many informations about Regia Aeronautica but also many mistakes.

Gianandrea

Dave Wadman
17th February 2006, 18:07
Hi fsbofk,

My book 'Aufklärer' can hardly be described as new considering that it was published by Hikoki in October 1997 (original retail price £29.95). IMHO, I think it highly improbable that Amazon have a mint edition in stock and that what they are advertising is probably a second hand copy in good condition.

Regards

Dave Wadman

etraro
18th February 2006, 05:22
All,
That's the reason why I do not think Amazon.uk has even the second hand book in stock...I did not get the book in several months, and finally I canceled the order...

Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order [202-8445849-3071865].

We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed.

David Wadman, John Bradley "Aufklarer: Luftwaffe Reconnaissance
Aircraft and Units 1935-1945"

Our current estimate is that it will take an additional 4-6 weeks to
obtain these items for you.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Luke

fsbofk
18th February 2006, 06:13
Thanks for the info - I did find it a bit hard to believe it would be a new copy, but I'll wait for the order ... or notice ... to arrive.

gravgar
18th February 2006, 09:22
Courage Alone can be found here:

http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl&st=sl&qi=ECGejSC1bLgb.nGk1GqPvYnw6WI_1699049695_2:21:92

for $400 / £224.75

Another copy was selling for $1565.60 !

Regards...

fsbofk
18th February 2006, 22:52
That's a tad high for my budget ! A few weeks ago, I saw a copy listed on eBay as "Buy Now" for US$60 and walked away for some dinner. When I came back to check, it was gone.

etraro
20th February 2006, 08:20
Folks,
Do not miss it again... if you want it...

http://cgi.ebay.de/Courage-Alone-Italian-WWII-airforce-Hikoki-Pub-RARE_W0QQitemZ4615212086QQcategoryZ378QQssPageName ZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Luke