PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the Me 109 in Royal Hungarian by George Punka

etraro
23rd February 2006, 17:16
Folks,
Can anyone help to indicate where can I get the English version of this book? And you comment or review of this book is also needed.

Thank you
Luke

Dénes Bernád
23rd February 2006, 22:18
The book, published by OMIKK, in Hungary, is long sold out.
You may try your luck in used bookstores or on-line auctions.

Nick Beale
24th February 2006, 00:14
The book, published by OMIKK, in Hungary, is long sold out.
You may try your luck in used bookstores or on-line auctions.

However, if you can get it, it tells a very interesting story.

Csaba B. Stenge
24th February 2006, 11:11
Hello,

unfortunately, only a very limited number of copies were printed in English (I guess, few hundred). It's a basic work, if you are interested in the Hungarian Messers.

Some work will be out soon in this topic in English as well (still in this year, I hope), so you will find other sources too, if you are interested in the Hungarian military aviation and particularly the Messers.

etraro
24th February 2006, 14:10
Thank you all for your information.
Mr Punka is famous for his Hungarian air force publications even in English world, but I really have no idea why this popular topic was published by a Hungarian publishing company, and English copies were only in hundreds...
However, I am encouraged by the great news from Csaba, can you please provide me more infomation about these books you mentioned?

rgds
Luke

Csaba B. Stenge
24th February 2006, 18:24
Luke,

I have a large-scale Hungarian Aces project, which will be out in this summer in Hungary (I hope), and the English version will follow it soon (I do hope - however, I don't have an English publisher, yet) You will find many unpublished Messerschmitt details in this book as well (400 000 character long story with very detailed biographies, claims, detailed explanation of the Hungarian claiming system, many unpublished photos, etc)

I have a large scale RHAF history material too (based on my PhD, altough it is much more bigger 1 000 000+ character long text and I am still improving it - the first volume will be out in the next year, I guess)

And have some other forthcoming materials as well (not as big projects as the mentioned ones)

You shouldn't wonder, why was it published in Hungary: it was a more easy solution (and you must know, that not as easy to find a publisher to the Hungarian aviation materials, as you think - I have many bad experiences as well)

See ya,

Flavio
3rd March 2006, 11:58
Luke,

I have a large-scale Hungarian Aces project, which will be out in this summer in Hungary (I hope), and the English version will follow it soon (I do hope - however, I don't have an English publisher, yet) You will find many unpublished Messerschmitt details in this book as well (400 000 character long story with very detailed biographies, claims, detailed explanation of the Hungarian claiming system, many unpublished photos, etc)

I have a large scale RHAF history material too (based on my PhD, altough it is much more bigger 1 000 000+ character long text and I am still improving it - the first volume will be out in the next year, I guess)

And have some other forthcoming materials as well (not as big projects as the mentioned ones)

You shouldn't wonder, why was it published in Hungary: it was a more easy solution (and you must know, that not as easy to find a publisher to the Hungarian aviation materials, as you think - I have many bad experiences as well)

See ya,

Dear Csaba,

I am very interesting about Hungarian aces, so your incoming book will be great for me; please may you give us more detail about it and, above all, if you may notify me when it will be available in Hungary and in the english version.

Thanks,
Flavio

Csaba B. Stenge
3rd March 2006, 13:02
Dear Flavio,

Thanks for your interest.

Yesterday I discussed with a Hungarian publisher, so according to the actual situation, the Hungarian edition will be out in late October, 2006.
Regarding the English - I hope, somewhere in the next year (depends on the translation and the English publisher)

But I'll publish two English booklet in this year as well, I hope (one is about the Hungarian armour, the other is the story of the March, 1939 border conflict between Hungary and Slovakia, mainly from aviation aspects). If you are interested in these stuffs as well, let me know and I'll inform you with some more details.

See you soon,

etraro
3rd March 2006, 15:04
Hello Csaba,
Can you advise the name of your coming booklet? and publsihed by which company? I look forward to see your publications.

rgds
Luke

Csaba B. Stenge
3rd March 2006, 16:52
Dear Luke,

The MMP:
http://www.mmpbooks.biz/main.html
will publish these materials.

Regards,

Flavio
3rd March 2006, 17:27
Dear Flavio,

Thanks for your interest.

Yesterday I discussed with a Hungarian publisher, so according to the actual situation, the Hungarian edition will be out in late October, 2006.
Regarding the English - I hope, somewhere in the next year (depends on the translation and the English publisher)

But I'll publish two English booklet in this year as well, I hope (one is about the Hungarian armour, the other is the story of the March, 1939 border conflict between Hungary and Slovakia, mainly from aviation aspects). If you are interested in these stuffs as well, let me know and I'll inform you with some more details.

See you soon,

Dear Csaba,

I am interested on Hungarian aces only but please let me know about both the Hungarian and English version, thank you.

Regards
Flavio

Csaba B. Stenge
3rd March 2006, 18:05
Dear Flavio,

Ok, I'll inform you - perhaps I'll launch a new topic, after the Hungarian edition will be available.

Regards,