PDA

View Full Version : Just in from Ian Allan - Luftw. Camouflage & Markings 1

D.B. Andrus
2nd February 2005, 17:13
regarding Ken Merrick's Camouflage & Markings, Vol. 1:

"We were assured only yesterday that the paint chips have finally arrived. Our binders are currently in the process of inserting them in the books, then shrink wrapping and labelling the books.
We expect to receive finished copies before the end of this month."

rauhbautz
4th February 2005, 01:46
I have had that on order from Amazon for many months. They recently asked me to agree to keep my order active by agreeing to accept that it would not be sent until at least the middle of February. So when it will really be shipped is anyone's guessl

Bob

Ruy Horta
8th February 2005, 13:19
Look at this review...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1903223385/qid=1107861341/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_8_3/026-8901536-2989238

Poor, January 14, 2005
Reviewer: Christopher Pollet from Kent, UK

I have been an avid enthusiast for luftwaffe aircraft, and i lept at the chance to buy this encyclopedia of german aviation knowledge. However, after waiting a substantail amount of time to receive the book, i was dissapointed to find it contained very little information on luftwaffe camoflauge and far too much information on luftwaffe markings.

I was boitterly disapointed with this, and i suggest that any true fan of german aviation would do well to look elsewhere.

Amazing that Amazon allows such nonsense to be posted, especially since the book hasn't been released yet!!

I've written an answer, but it hasn't been posted yet (nor was this the effect I was after). Perhaps some of you want to guide Amazon into the right direction, cannot have some spiteful idiot endanger the sales of a Classic!

Sergio Luis dos Santos
8th February 2005, 18:58
Ruy,
This "review" was shown also on Hyperscale few days ago. Itīs my strong belief it was written for Kenīs long out of date book "German Aircraft Markings" from late seventies. Iīm sure Amazon or the reader did a big mistake and placed his opinion from a very old book into a future release !! :cry:

Ruy Horta
8th February 2005, 19:31
The one who let the review pass doesn't know his work, the one who wrote the piece should have checked his facts.

Ignorance should never be an excuse for stupidity...

Amazon should pull that "review" ASAP, period.

Many hands make for light work, hence the URL.