PDA

View Full Version : Any news on next Prien release?

Jim P.
24th April 2006, 16:25
Anybody got any news on next Prien release? (Vol. 9, part III) Or news on any other upcoming new books? Barbas, Mombeek?

Ruy Horta
24th April 2006, 20:09
Prien was about to release last I heard, Barbas in a couple of months.

Del Davis
24th April 2006, 20:19
Eric is aiming for late 2006-early 2007 for release of JG5 Volume III. Also Stipdonk and Meyer will begin releasing Volume I their Luftwaffe series for Heinz Nickel in June. The first issues will cover ZG and NJG units. Same format as the JG51 book with about 500 photos and English captions. I believe Volume II is close to completion. as well.

Jim P.
25th April 2006, 17:42
Just saw the Meyer/Stipdonk title at Christian Schmidt site, but the big surpise there was the 'Kriegstagebuch of Hannes Trautloft' with some 600 photos. Thanks for all the input guys.

Del Davis
25th April 2006, 21:25
Jim
The Trautloft book is scheduled to appear in English later this year from Cerberus, I think. Of coure the expact publishing date will probably slip. I talked to the translator in Atlanta last summer.

Jochen Prien
26th April 2006, 10:05
Gentlemen,

Jagdfliegerverbände Vo.. 9 / III has encountered the - unfortunately - by now usual delays with new material flowing in when the manuscript was thought to be ready and packed fo the printer, but it will now go to the publisher first half of May and will appear four weeks later, hopefully mid-June 2006.

It will comprise the operations in the East from Dec. 6th, 1941, through to Feb. 3rd, 1943 and will cover the activities of I./JG 53, JG 54, JG 77 and in an extra chapter the operations of II., III. and 13.(Z)/JG 5 in Norway and Finland. Like Vol. 9/III it will be 500 + pages and will contain about the same number of photos plus the usual fold out maps for the Eastern front including the grid net.

I hope the contents will make good for the little delay. We are also trying to complete Vol. 10 / I - Reichsverteidigung 1943 - before the end of this year.

Regards

Jochen Prien

Ruy Horta
27th April 2006, 21:35
Is this a new book, or a reprint of Die Grünherzjäger, Bildchronik des Jagdgeschwaders 54?

Somehow the amount of photos being listed on Amazon.de for this title reminds me of this old pictorial also published by Schiffer as JG 54 A Photographic History of the Grünherzjäger.

Would be disappointing to find out AFTER purchasing!