PDA

View Full Version : A ?? RE: Osprey books 'elite units' series...

NickM
17th May 2006, 08:25
Guys:

I don't suppose any of you have heard if Osprey books is planning to add any more LW titles to their 'Elite Unit' Series; so far I have all the one's they've released for units of the Jagdwaffe: JG's2, 27, 52, 54 & Sturmgruppen; Since I sort of like the Osprey series (even with all of it's faults, I like it as a 'thumbnail reference) I was wondering if anyone has heard if they're planning on a series on JG1 & it's 'twin sibling' JG11?
Anyone out there have their hand on Osprey's pulse?

thanks, ahead of time

NickM

DavidIsby
18th May 2006, 01:00
Latest HUMINT from Osprey land is that they are still interested in Luftwaffe subjects in their various series so, if someone has the photos, art references and has not become a member of "Osprey Anonymous", do get in touch with them.

David Isby

Nick Beale
18th May 2006, 01:10
Anyone out there have their hand on Osprey's pulse?
NickM

Bill Stone's Second World War Books site www.stonebooks.com regularly posts publishers' "forthcoming" lists and has a page devoted to Osprey (and many other publishers of course) which was recently updated.

It's also an excellent source of informed reviews of air, military and naval books.

JohnMacG6
18th May 2006, 17:44
Don't know if you know, but Kagero did a very good little volume on JG11

FalkeEins
19th May 2006, 19:33
..they are also about to bring out Vol IV of their JG 27 series covering 1943-45 - worth getting if you can't read Ring or Prien

krichter33
6th June 2006, 01:54
Aviation Elite: JG 51 Molders comes out in September.

NickM
6th June 2006, 05:32
Well...sloooowly working our way over to it, then....another one for my collection--when it comes out!

NickM