PDA

View Full Version : JG54 Website

robinoc
21st June 2018, 05:23
I've put the old website back up. It's been awhile since it was active. New address is www.jg54greenheart.com

Nick Hector
24th June 2018, 17:36
Hi Rob,

Good to see the old website back up again, I contributed a victory list more than a decade ago. Have certainly expanded my knowledge since then....

Teresa Maria
24th June 2018, 21:44
Wow! JG 54 was really fascinating. By the way, do you happen to have any information about Friedrich Rupp beyond what is available online?

robinoc
25th June 2018, 05:09
Hi Rob,

Good to see the old website back up again, I contributed a victory list more than a decade ago. Have certainly expanded my knowledge since then....

Hi Nick,

Yes, I remember your contributions and assistance with some of my numerous questions. Thanks for the kind words.

Bob

robinoc
25th June 2018, 05:10
Wow! JG 54 was really fascinating. By the way, do you happen to have any information about Friedrich Rupp beyond what is available online?

Hi there!

I will search my notes and see if I can find anything else about Rupp.

JG 54 has been a fascinating topic for me for nearly 40 years.

Bob

Teresa Maria
1st July 2018, 01:09
By the way, I'm afraid there is a mistake in the translation of Alfred Budde's Soldbuch: http://www.jg54greenheart.com/BuddeSb.html

The website translates 'Erholungsurlaub' as 'reconnaisance holiday'.
'Erholung' means 'rest', so it must have been a resting/recreational holiday.
On the other hand, 'reconnaissance' can be translated as 'Erkennung', and the translator apparently confused the words 'Erkennung' and 'Erholung'.