PDA

View Full Version : Loss P-51, 13 june 44

dahiot daniel
1st March 2005, 23:46
Loss P-51, 13 june 44.

I research to know to that belongs this P-51 claimed by the Gefr. Schumann. Because we no loss of a P-51 on that date to the southwest of Rennes.

13.06.44, Gefr. Schumann II./JG 53 P - 51 £ EQ - 2/5: S.W. Rennes at 20.45.

Merci

Dan :!:

Franek Grabowski
2nd March 2005, 10:46
Daniel
It seems 361 FG was involved in this combat. You may try to check if there were any damaged Mustangs.
PS Is the general area of Le Mans-Rennes of you interest?

dahiot daniel
2nd March 2005, 16:58
Franek,

The claim of the Gefr. Schumann corresponds with the same hours that those of 361th FG, but I have not succeeded to find the loss of a Mustang, can be been it damaged.

Indeed 361 FG claims 4 Me 109 for the region of St Brieuc. (St Brieuc of Mauron)
JG 53 gives 3 Me 109 lost.
One to the south of Gael.
One to the north of Gael.
And one of quoted it Rennes.

It is possible that a Mustang was damaged in this combat.

My sector of research is in principle my department, that the Ille & Vilaine. But I can help friends on neighbor regions as for the Mans.

Dan

Franek Grabowski
2nd March 2005, 17:47
Daniel
Overclaim happenned, I think your best bet is to try to contact some historians of 361 FG. I am afraid I cannot help you further in this case.
I am interested in German crashes in Le Mans, Rennes-Vitre and Barville-Vidai. I do not know if any of the places is in your departament.

dahiot daniel
2nd March 2005, 19:30
The sector of Vitré Rennes research concerns me particularly.
That seek you in German losses. Because it is difficult to give information on approximately four twenty fifteen crashes of counted on my department.

Dan

Franek Grabowski
3rd March 2005, 10:45
Dan
I am sending you an email.

heinz
4th March 2005, 16:26
daniel , concerning the loss of 109 in gael vicinity , i can confirm you that this day me 109 crash in Augan near Ploermel
I have made searches concerning one of this plane . We had found lots of pieces of the Wreck .
an other 109 crash to 1 mile to the first .

this planes has been shot down by the 361 FG .

shooshoobaby
5th February 2006, 00:16
Dan - 339th FG , 504th Sq. lost 1 P - 51 this day. Lt. Jack Shively
MACR # 5744

BABIN
5th February 2006, 09:47
Salut Daniel,

I have the MACR corresponding to the loss of Lt Jack SHIVELY's P 51 on 13rd June 1944 at 20h45. Mission : area sweep in the Le Mans area. But it is noted the place of the crash is ... Saumur, far from S.W of Rennes ! In fact, I don't think this aircraft crashed in the Saumur's area : I much investigated, some years ago, to find the precise place of this crash in the "departement de Maine et Loire", including searches in police, gendarmerie, prefecture and defense civile archives ... but I found nothing.

So, very probably, this P 51 crashed in Rennes' area.

Contactez moi directement si vous souhaitez que nous en discutions

A bientôt

Pierre

Alex Smart
5th February 2006, 21:14
Hi,
Lt. Jack E. Shively of the 504th Fighter Sqsuadron was lost while on his first mission. He was not seen to go down.
Alex