Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Werknummer + Squadron He 111 Moelders died on (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=8011)

Adriano Baumgartner 9th March 2007 13:04

Werknummer + Squadron He 111 Moelders died on

Good morning or good night for all!
Please, I would like to obtain more DATA about the werknummer, codes, Squadron and name of the crew of the He 111 that took Obst Werner Moelders to the funeral of Ernst Udet and eventually crashed at Breslau, taking the life of "Vatti".
I know ( from The First and the last ) that Oberleutnant Kolbe was piloting and that he was a former Condor Legion member.
What were the names of the mechanic and of the radio-operator and also the name of the aide-de-camp of Moelders?
Thanks in advance...

There are some journalists here in Brazil saying in books and magazines that Moelders was flying the He 111....

kalender1973 9th March 2007 15:32

Re: Werknummer + Squadron He 111 Moelders died on

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriano Baumgartner (Post 39285)
Good morning or good night for all!
Please, I would like to obtain more DATA about the werknummer, codes, Squadron and name of the crew of the He 111 that took Obst Werner Moelders to the funeral of Ernst Udet and eventually crashed at Breslau, taking the life of "Vatti".
I know ( from The First and the last ) that Oberleutnant Kolbe was piloting and that he was a former Condor Legion member.
What were the names of the mechanic and of the radio-operator and also the name of the aide-de-camp of Moelders?
Thanks in advance...

There are some journalists here in Brazil saying in books and magazines that Moelders was flying the He 111....

WerkNR 4513, Tactical 1G+BT, from KG 27. Additionaly Maj Wenzel wonded.

Best regards

Leo Etgen 9th March 2007 16:54

Hello Adriano and Igor

Passengers on the He 111 included Oberleutnant Georg Kolbe who was the pilot, Mölders, his assistant Major Wenzel, the mechanic Oberfeldwebel Hobble and the radio operator Oberfeldwebel Arthur Tenz. All were killed except Wenzel. The aircraft was of III./KG 27. Igor, many thanks for the werknummer.

Horrido!

Leo

kalender1973 9th March 2007 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo Etgen (Post 39306)
Hello Adriano and Igor

Passengers on the He 111 included Oberleutnant Georg Kolbe who was the pilot, Mölders, his assistant Major Wenzel, the mechanic Oberfeldwebel Hobble and a radio operator. All were killed except Wenzel. The aircraft was of III./KG 27. Igor, many thanks for the werknummer.

Horrido!

Leo

Hi,

from KG27 diary I have the information, that two people survived, radio operator and gunner + Wenzel (??).
Yes III group, 9. Staffel

Leo Etgen 9th March 2007 17:04

Hello Igor

Do you know the subtype of He 111 it was? Thanks for the information that it was of 9./KG 27. The information I have states that the radio operator was mortally wounded but I would go with the KG 27 diary.

Horrido!

Leo

kalender1973 9th March 2007 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo Etgen (Post 39309)
Hello Igor

Do you know the subtype of He 111 it was? Thanks for the information that it was of 9./KG 27.

Horrido!

Leo

Hi Leo,

not exactly but IIRC at the time KG27 use H-3 and H-6.

Best regards

Leo Etgen 9th March 2007 17:16

Hello Igor

Many thanks for your information. I have been wanting to know the werknummer of this aircraft for some time and now I have it thanks to you. Many thanks to you and Adriano.

Horrido!

Leo

Adriano Baumgartner 9th March 2007 20:27

Many many thanks to all those who helped us with this thread. I suppose this is the main reason of the forum: share information, help and enlight doubtful information published. Everybody grows with this system, everybody learn a bit more and find out FRIENDS who have the same interests and doubts we do.
I am indeed very grateful to all those who have helped me so far. I wish to contribute and help others in the same way, as far as my knowledge permit me.
May you have a nice week! Cheers for all!
A. Baumgartner

gogh 9th March 2007 23:43

I have it as A subtype H-6

Cheers Peter

Leo Etgen 10th March 2007 03:54

Hello guys

Many thanks Peter for your information. Every little bit helps and I greatly apperciate everyone chipping in. Adriano, my sentiments exactly and well said.

Horrido!

Leo