Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Books and Magazines (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   "Die Deutsche LW in Griechenland" by Byron T (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=27521)

cbe2009 12th November 2011 12:36

"Die Deutsche LW in Griechenland" by Byron T

Hello!
Only yesterday i recieved my copy of this book and since then i could not get my hands of it.
It is filled with such a wealth of information of all kind concerning Luftwaffe in Greece.
To me it is a must to have in my bookshelf.
What is left for me to do now is to congratulate the author. I cannot imagine what extreme amount of work, he has put into this book and i am sure the rest of you will think the same!!
Back to reading.

Best wishes

Christian

byron- 12th November 2011 14:19

Re: "Die Deutsche LW in Griechenland" by Byron T

Thank you Christian for your kind words,

It is a good feeling.

all the best

Byron

the Germans in Salonica

Huib Ottens 14th November 2011 22:07

Hi Gruppe,

I received the book last Friday and I must congratulate Byron on the result.

More than 400 pages packed with Luftwaffe information: all kinds of units, operational bases, officers and crews, losses, Feldpostnumber, battle-information; aircraft, Wnr, registrations etc. etc.

All the information is accompanied by a very nice collection of photos, maps, unit markings and posters.

A true labour of love!

Highly recommended!

Robert Forsyth 19th November 2011 21:22

Me too.

I have only just been able to study the book today and I must say it is a very valuable aid towards our understanding of the structure of Luftwaffe forces in Greece. Very much needed. Congratulations to Byron!

Robert Forsyth

Stig Jarlevik 1st December 2011 22:46

Guys

This is a tremendous book with an incredible amount of details and yet more details about one the Luftwaffe's "side shows", although I am certain the Greeks didn't see it that way.

Interested in Luftwaffe?
Interested in Greece during WW 2?
Get it and get it from Byron directly! He is cheaper and send it in a very professional manner. Contact him and get it now!

Thank you Byron for a very professional job and also for taking the risk to publish this book. Its gonna take me a looooong time to sift through this one!!!:D

Cheers
Stig

Jim P. 2nd December 2011 00:49

If Byron would provide the book to an international book seller or accept a credit card for payment I would certainly buy it, in a heart beat, but I'm not willing to pay the outrageous currency exchange fees I'd have to pay - from one on the left side of the Atlantic. I had the same conversation with him with his previous book. When I looked into what the final cost would be, I just couldn't justify paying twice the cost with the added fees. Maybe I'm missing something. If so, I apoligize. Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?

leonventer 2nd December 2011 15:36

Hi Jim,

Byron has a PayPal account, which is how I sent payment for my copy. (I added a couple Euros to offset the fees that PayPal charges the seller.)

You should be able to use your credit card to send payment via PayPal, whether or not you have an account with them. The exchange rates are reasonable and the buyer incurs no additional charges.

Hope that helps,
Leon Venter