Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone here on J-Aircraft (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=54605)

Broncazonk 8th August 2019 00:41

Anyone here on J-Aircraft

This: http://www.j-aircraft.org

I'm trying to renew/revive my old account and the site admin. has been MIA for weeks.

Let me know if you will forward a message for me.

Thanks!

Bronc

SteveR 8th August 2019 02:29

Re: Anyone here on J-Aircraft

I'm on j-aircraft and will be happy to forward a message for you.

After the trouble they had awhile back though I don't believe it's possible to revive old accounts. I couldn't. I had to just create a new account with the same username I'd used before, and I think that's what a lot of people did.

Broncazonk 9th August 2019 05:01

Private message sent!

Bronc

SteveR 9th August 2019 05:50

Message sent to J-aircraft, your PM received and a reply sent.

Fingers crossed, hope they get you sorted quickly!

Alex Smart 15th August 2019 01:18

I tried your suggestion but could not rejoin.
This is the message I got :(

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you are not allowed to register on this forum.Gmail is a source of much spam. You need to be registered manually by the moderator. Contact another member for an endorsement.

Alex

SteveR 15th August 2019 02:02

Alex, I'd started a thread on J-aircraft a couple days ago in regards to Broncazonk asking to hear from an admin, I've just added to it for you.

I haven't heard anything yet from anybody on the site. Hopefully that will change soon and I'll let you know if/when it does.

Alex Smart 16th August 2019 17:22

Thank you Steve.

SteveR 16th August 2019 18:23

Quite welcome Alex!

I've still heard nothing. I notice that the "latest member" was added June 18...

Larry deZeng 17th August 2019 00:46

J-aircraft has been in slow decline for years. I used to be very active there between 2001 and 2010 with Jim Landsdale, Al Alsleben, Richard Dunn, Osamu Tagaya, Henry Sakaida and many others. The site has had a lot of trouble finding anyone to take responsibility for it, and management enthusiasm slipped even further after Jim Landsdale passed away. It's very sobering and sad because it used to be an excellent website.

L.

SteveR 19th August 2019 04:40

Well, there's a response now, from Justin Taylan (scroll down):

http://www.j-aircraft.org/smf/index.php?topic=18015.0

He gives an email address to send your email address and username info to get things sorted.

Bronc and Alex, if you can't get through that way let me know and I'll give it a try for you.

Alex Smart 19th August 2019 18:59

info@j-aircraft. com

This email address is not recognized.

Alex

SteveR 19th August 2019 19:19

I just emailed that address a few minutes ago with Bronc's details and it hasn't bounced yet. (I'm using a yahoo email address.)

Alex, if you'll send me a PM with your details I'll be happy to send them along.

Alex Smart 19th August 2019 22:56

Hello Steve,
Have sent you a PM
Alex

SteveR 20th August 2019 01:14

Got it, emailed J-aircraft, replied to you.

Fingers crossed.

Larry deZeng 20th August 2019 14:23

Steve -

Do you happen to recall the name of the JAircraft webmaster back during the period 2000 - 2010 approximately? He resided in or around Minneapolis and may have been the originator of the website.

Thanks,

L.

SteveR 20th August 2019 15:11

If memory serves, Dave Pluth (though I could well be wrong).

Interesting if he's in the Minneapolis area as I'm only about 130 miles north of there.

Larry deZeng 20th August 2019 17:28

Thanks, Steve. "Dave Pluth" kinda sounds right. IIRC, he was involved in IPMS Twin Cities area, and at the very end of his tenure, maybe around the 2010 - 2012 time frame, he was trying to put together a manuscript or book covering all of the WWII airfields in the Pacific or perhaps just those used by the JAAF and JNAF. I often wondered why he quit the webmaster job, but I guess it just got to be too much for him. What happened to Dave P and the management of JAircraft after that is a mystery, at least to me, because I departed at about the same time he did.

At 130 miles, I'm guessing you are in the Duluth area...........beautiful summers but too cold in the winter for me!

L.

SteveR 20th August 2019 23:15

I can certainly understand someone burning out on the webmaster thing (it happened to me). I can't say I know much about the management history of J-aircraft, as I really don't pay much attention to that sort of thing unless things start going awry.

Nope, not in Duluth, I'm about 130 miles west of there in the northern part of the Brainerd Lakes area (aka the middle of nowhere). It's not that cold here - only got to -60F (actual temp, not wind chill) twice last winter, lol. Besides, I like the cold after 50 years of living and working outdoors in a desert!

Larry deZeng 21st August 2019 00:07

Thanks for that.....................yep, I see a large cluster of lakes running N > S between Pine River and Brainerd, and just E of 371. I get the shivers just looking at that area, but like you said, anyone in a desert for 50 years deserves a change of scenery and where you are certainly has that! Upper and Lower Whitefish and Cross Lakes are almost completely ringed with homes and summer cottages, so at least there are people and stores around. Nice area, despite the incredibly cold weather in the dead of winter.

L.

SteveR 21st August 2019 04:36

Yup, I'm east of 371 and between those two towns. I can look out my windows and see Lake Edward. Autumn is already arriving...

Back on topic: I checked J-aircraft a few minutes ago and the "Latest member" is still the same one from June 18. I hope Justin is getting something done for Bronc, Alex, and everyone else trying to sign up or re-register. Perhaps the atrophy has gone too far already though...

Larry deZeng 21st August 2019 14:16

Best wishes, Steve.............:grin: :wave:

Agreed. Let's hope JAircraft can get back on track.

L.

twocee 21st August 2019 22:07

That e-mail address has worked for me and I have just been reinstated. According to Justin Taylan, all with btinternet.com domain names had been marked as spammers!

SteveR 22nd August 2019 00:13

Today I received two emails from Justin, one each for Bronc and Alex, saying that he had sent emails to them to get things sorted.

Congrats twocee, glad you've been reinstated!

Alex Smart 22nd August 2019 16:02

I still get this after trying to register :(

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you are not allowed to register on this forum.Gmail is a source of much spam. You need to be registered manually by the moderator. Contact another member for an endorsement.

SteveR 22nd August 2019 23:44

Did you get the email from Justin?

Alex Smart 23rd August 2019 01:48

Yes, and as far as I am aware I followed the instructions.
Anyway I expect that he will be returning my email reply to him at some point.

SteveR 23rd August 2019 01:54

Hopefully so!

I think he has to add you manually (though I'm not 100% certain). I see that Bronc is registered there now so I'm guessing it shouldn't be long.

Alex Smart 23rd August 2019 02:05

Thanks , I hope so

Alex Smart 21st September 2019 04:33

Nothing seems to be happening, so sent another email.��

edwest2 25th September 2019 19:38

The forums appear to be working, with a post dated yesterday.

http://www.j-aircraft.org/smf/index....5569&board=3.0

Revi16 8th December 2020 22:25

Can anyone help me get registered on J-Aircraft?

I was a member for years and then at some point I could no longer log-in.
I've tried to re-register, I get the "Welcome to J-aircraft" email, but need to wait for a second e-mail "Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved. When this happens, you will receive another email from this address."

I've never gotten the second e-mail and cannot get their Contact Us form to work. https://j-aircraft.com/forms/question.htm

All I get is,
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@j-aircraft.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I tried emailing webmaster@j-aircraft.com , but that comes back to me as Undeliverable.

I'm stuck in this loop that my e-mail address and User name do not exist.

Larry deZeng 8th December 2020 22:56

This has come up before. TOCH member "SteveR", Post #4 in the thread cited below, apparently still has contacts with the webmaster or the Admin people at j-aircraft.com and was recently able to help another member get back in touch with them:

http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showth...j-aircraft.com

I got the impression that the website is teetering on the edge of extinction ever since Jim Lansdale passed away and Dave Pluth moved on several years ago.

So "SteveR" may be the guy to see.

L.

Alex Smart 9th December 2020 01:47

Hello Larry, I have posted a message on the forum, so maybe your posts will be answered hopefully sometime soon.
Alex
http://www.j-aircraft.org/smf/index.php?board=9.0

Revi16 10th December 2020 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smart (Post 298835)
Hello Larry, I have posted a message on the forum, so maybe your posts will be answered hopefully sometime soon.
Alex
http://www.j-aircraft.org/smf/index.php?board=9.0

Actually it was me that needed the help. Thx

Edward 10th December 2020 23:36

Message from one of the website managers

For J-Aircraft, any support requests should be directed to:

info@j-aircraft.com

Please email your username, email address and a brief description of your issue

Alex Smart 11th December 2020 03:08

Hello Larry,
I got the following reply -

I saw your posting (see below) but deleted it because usually support is done via email vs. in forum.

I checked and there is no member named "Larry de Zeng". If you are in touch with that person, please have them send an email to: info@j-aircraft.com Also, ask him to include his username, email address, and a brief description of his issue (old account lost, etc). If they have an account I can reset his password.

So send him details VI's the email address and it should soon be sorted.
Alex

Larry deZeng 11th December 2020 14:12

Thanks, Alex, and I sure didn't mean for you to go to a lot of effort in my behalf. This entire thread is about Revi16. He is the one trying to access j-aircraft.com.

I haven't been a participant on the site in at least 10 years and I do not plan on staging a return. In fact, since I was last there I have managed to lose my Screen Name, User ID and my User Password due to computer upgrades and similar reasons. It was a great website back in the day with Sam Tagaya, Richard Dunn, Jim Lansdale, Al Alsleben, Dave Pluth and some very knowledgeable Aussie and Brit members.

Thanks again for checking on this and I hope Revi16 is able to get back on board.

Larry deZeng