Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Question about the magazine "Der Adler" (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=4317)

local1 22nd March 2006 13:02

Question about the magazine "Der Adler"

A friend of mine found in the basement of his grandfather 5 cloth-bound books of the progagandamagazine "Der Adler", covering the war completly from 39 to 45. Now he wonders, weather this is very rare and eventualy going to make him a millionaire, or not.

How many of this orginal magazines are out there, is it a scoop or is it rather common?

Cheers

Local1

odybvig 22nd March 2006 15:13

Re: Question about the magazine "Der Adler"

Hello

he will not be a millionaire but he will get 10 - 20 Euro pr heft

Not a common find but again not that special

Best
Olve Dybvig

local1 22nd March 2006 15:37

Ok, thanks, I will tell him to cancel the dancing girls! He will probably put it on ebay some day, but before that, I am gonna take a closer look at it. Lots of interessting stuff in there....

Cheers

Flitzer 23rd March 2006 00:26

To me it sounds like you have the five volume set of books that had articles from Der Adler, published in 1977 by Verlag Für Geschichtliche Dokumentation GMBH & Co..

These books cover only a small portion of the origional copies, and worse yet, to me anyway, they have none of the cartoons the were on the end cover of the origionals.

local1 23rd March 2006 11:35

They are originals allright. His grandpa had a bookstore and sold them to german soldiers. He obviously had an interesst in aviation or Luftwaffe and kept one copy of the magazine each 14 days. After the war he got them bound in hardback.

Cheers

Flitzer 25th March 2006 04:21

Then the origonal Der Adler, bound, 5 volumes, 1939-1945 would be a very valuable item. I don't know of any complete collection anywhere.
My favorite is Heft 19, September 1944. I have to smile when I see the small notice on page 451 that states:

"Im Zuge der durch den totalen Kreig bedingten Konzentrationsmaßnahmen auf dem Gebiet der presse stellt die Luftwaffen-Illustrierte DER ADLER mit diesem Heft ihr Erscheinen für die Dauer des Krieges ein. Dadurch werden weitere Krafte für die Wehrmacht und die Rüstung frei.
Wir danken unseren Lesern und Freunden für die uns bewiesene Treue. Mit unserem zuversichtlichen Glauben an den Sieg verbinden wir die Hoffnung allen Beziehern den ADLER nach dem Siege wieder in gewohnter Weise liegern zu Konnen."

local1 28th March 2006 09:13

Der Adler / The magazines are in the House

1939 Heft 1 - 23 (Bookbinded)

1940 Heft 1 - 26 (Bokkbinded)

1941 Heft 1 - 26 (bookbinded)

1942 Heft 1 - 26 (NotBookbinded) NB Missing no. 20

1943 Heft 1 - 26 (NotBookbinded) NB Missing no. 14

1944 Heft 1 - 19 (NotBookbinded)

Would anyone with the correct information please inform me, when Der Adler
ended the publishing. And anybody in position to sell no 20/1942 + no.
14/19943 so the collection can be finally completed and ready for int.
sale.

Best regards, Finn

fj@swingswing.dk