Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Books and Magazines (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Air War over The Dutch Isles (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=45639)

Wim de Meester 25th July 2016 12:14

Air War over The Dutch Isles

On 5 May 2017 the first volume of a series dedicated to the Airwar over the Dutch Isles will be published by Kees Stoutjesdijk and the undersigned.
The contents of this book will deal with the area covering the comparatively small island of Noord-Beveland and the surrounding waters (mainly the East Scheldt river.

The series will be based on a combination of official documents from both German (mainly Kriegsmarine records) and Allied sources combined with a lot of personal stories from those involved.

Volume II is also in preparation and will deal with the airwar over Schouwen-Duiveland. For now it will be published in the Dutch language.Kees Stoutjesdijk is an established local author and publisher mainly covering up to now the airwar over Goeree-Overflakkee.
I myself specialized on the air and seawar over the Zeeland Area.

Sergio Luis dos Santos 25th July 2016 20:37

Re: Air War over The Dutch Isles

My congrats!

DDT 25th July 2016 21:27

Hey Wim,

Sounds great. Count me in for a copy.
Groetjes vanuit België.
Regards.

Dirk

Wim de Meester 5th February 2017 11:01

1 Attachment(s)
The presentation of this book - the first volume of a series covering the complete air war over the Province of Zeeland, is now scheduled for 12 April so within a 2 months from now. This wil happen in the townhal of Noord-Beveland (Wissenkerke) in the presence of a.o. the military attaché's of the United States and Great Britain.
Colonel Scott Fisher (USA) has contributed in writing the preface.
The book counts 224 gloss pages, many photo's, is hardcover and with thanks to the community we can offer it for 19.95 euro's

The second volume will cover the air operations over the Isle of Schouwen-Duiveland whilst the third volume will be dedicated to Zeeuws-Vlaanderen.

Theo Boiten 5th February 2017 11:12

Congrats to you and Kees, looking forward to reading the series!

Cheers, Theo

Frank Olynyk 5th February 2017 13:28

Wim,

How does one go about ordering and paying for these books? And what is the postage? In my case specifically, the postage to the United States?

Enjoy!

Frank.

mars 5th February 2017 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wim de Meester (Post 221132)
On 5 May 2017 the first volume of a series dedicated to the Airwar over the Dutch Isles will be published by Kees Stoutjesdijk and the undersigned.
The contents of this book will deal with the area covering the comparatively small island of Noord-Beveland and the surrounding waters (mainly the East Scheldt river.

The series will be based on a combination of official documents from both German (mainly Kriegsmarine records) and Allied sources combined with a lot of personal stories from those involved.

Volume II is also in preparation and will deal with the airwar over Schouwen-Duiveland. For now it will be published in the Dutch language.Kees Stoutjesdijk is an established local author and publisher mainly covering up to now the airwar over Goeree-Overflakkee.
I myself specialized on the air and seawar over the Zeeland Area.

Is this book wriiten in English ?

edwest2 5th February 2017 21:53

Congratulations.

Ed West

Wim de Meester 6th February 2017 14:17

Re questions regarding shipment overseas.
That will be a problem as shipping to the US of A will at least cost between 25 and 35 euro's.

Paul Thompson 6th February 2017 15:23

Congratulations, Wim and Kees!