Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   On Offer (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   testing the waters: how much could I ask for Classic Publications volumes nowadays? (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=54780)

Griffon 23rd August 2019 10:00

testing the waters: how much could I ask for Classic Publications volumes nowadays?

Gentlemen!

I am posting this to get some highly valued opinions of you guys about how much I could ask for if I wanted to sell off some (or even more) of my old Classic Publications book collection;
over the years, my entire book collection has grown out of proportion and I am finding that I have become more interested in certain areas than in others;
also, as I have not taken a look into the mentioned Classic books in the last few years, it might be the time to give them into other, caring and interested hands;
thing is, I do not know what an avid, serious collector would be willing to pay for them nowadays; going after Amazon, I might get a lot of dineros in selling them yet I do not think those prices asked for there are serious;

so, on offer would be:

Jagdwaffe Colours (complete, first owner here, all in as new condition)
Luftwaffe Colours (complete, first owner, all in as new condition)

I am selling those only as a complete set (the LW Colours maybe also as complete sections only)

books (might cling to them a little longer, just checking if there is interest at all)

Mistel
Helicopters
Me-163
Hs-129 (first edition)

books are in as new condition as well;

I am looking forward to your opinions, should you be even interested, just send a PM with an offer and we will see :)

cheers for now
Griffon

ps.: I might also be selling a book that has become rarer as henīs teeth over the years - "Luftwaffe over Czech Territory 1945"
I know that this one is highly sought after, I could have sold it several times already over the years, so if you are interested in that one, I will consider only really serious offers (the last interested party was willing to dish out in the region of 300 Euros for it)

Bookman 2nd October 2019 03:16

Re: testing the waters: how much could I ask for Classic Publications volumes nowadays?

Man I sympathize, I've over two metric tones of books/magazines and ephemera, mostly military aviation, in over eight languages from1915-now.
Recently I've sold the first edition of panzerjager for $175, at a regional show.
Problem is the younger people are less reading ready as the more serious and older folks.
A particular concern is that there are so few who are comfortable in another language, let alone several. Not everything was translated, or well done. Many (truly) interesting works remain obscure. Myself I've several manuscripts waiting for me to translate when I retire (ha) nowhere else available. Do you live in the US? Other classic titles slowly being republished, sometimes expanded versions. In an case best wishes, keep looking at eBay for the most realistic offerings. Worldwide exposure is great.

richdlc 27th November 2019 20:34

Re: testing the waters: how much could I ask for Classic Publications volumes nowadays?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffon (Post 273572)
Gentlemen!

I am posting this to get some highly valued opinions of you guys about how much I could ask for if I wanted to sell off some (or even more) of my old Classic Publications book collection;
over the years, my entire book collection has grown out of proportion and I am finding that I have become more interested in certain areas than in others;
also, as I have not taken a look into the mentioned Classic books in the last few years, it might be the time to give them into other, caring and interested hands;
thing is, I do not know what an avid, serious collector would be willing to pay for them nowadays; going after Amazon, I might get a lot of dineros in selling them yet I do not think those prices asked for there are serious;

so, on offer would be:

Jagdwaffe Colours (complete, first owner here, all in as new condition)
Luftwaffe Colours (complete, first owner, all in as new condition)

I am selling those only as a complete set (the LW Colours maybe also as complete sections only)

books (might cling to them a little longer, just checking if there is interest at all)

Mistel
Helicopters
Me-163
Hs-129 (first edition)

books are in as new condition as well;

I am looking forward to your opinions, should you be even interested, just send a PM with an offer and we will see :)

cheers for now
Griffon

ps.: I might also be selling a book that has become rarer as henīs teeth over the years - "Luftwaffe over Czech Territory 1945"
I know that this one is highly sought after, I could have sold it several times already over the years, so if you are interested in that one, I will consider only really serious offers (the last interested party was willing to dish out in the region of 300 Euros for it)

I sent you a message about this