Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Jagdgeschwader 1, 2, 4, 5 & Sturmstaffel 1 Chronicles (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New JG 2 book (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=6581)

Erik Mombeeck 28th November 2006 22:04

Re: New JG 2 book

Hello Nokose,

thanks for your interest. Finding a publisher is not a problem. What will be complicated is to find a distributor, I mean someone in the USA who will stock 100-200 copies of the books, and dispatch them individually in that country. That will be the real challenge.
Also to find bookshops...

All the best

Erik

Nokose 28th November 2006 22:37

Erik, I buy a lot from amazon.com as of late but have bought from individual bookshops here (eagle editions, Aberdeen bookshop, etc.). I think Eagle Editions would do it or Schiffer Books. I would say Amazon might cut the price some to sale but I believe alot of the people here do check them first.

Jukka Juutinen 30th November 2006 03:27

Erik, assuming youŽd do a book of equal quality to the JG 5 vols (I have examined a copy, though didnŽt buy for the reason I mentioned previously), I believe that e.g. Aberdeen Bookstore would be more than happy to be a distributor and primary outlet in the US. In case you are interested in this, drop him a line at aberdeentpMOMBEEKearthlink.net

Erik Mombeeck 8th March 2007 07:48

Re: New JG 2 book should be ready end of March

Hello,

just received a notice from the printer that the new JG 2 book should be ready at the end of this months. I hope that you will enjoy it.

regards

Erik

robert 20th April 2007 16:11

Hi Erik,

any publication news?

Robert

David P. Williams 7th May 2007 20:34

Hi Robert,

I'm not sure whether this is the same book as to which you are referring, but I was at Christian Schmidt Books 2 weeks ago and the JG 2 book by Christian Federl is now available. Only had a quick look at it. Quality was good but cannot really comment on the content.

robert 7th May 2007 20:49

Hi,

I`m asking about Erik book. According to the information from my french friends it should be published between 15-20.05.07.

Robert

Erik Mombeeck 9th May 2007 16:55

Hello Robert and other...

thanks for your interest. The books are at the printer now and should be here on about the 20th of May. This is now the hardest moment: things are in the printer's hands, I can't do anything else than to wait and hope...

Best regards

Erik

By the way, I inform you that I did a major up-date to my web-site www.luftwaffe.be, including a list of books for sale... I need space!

Erik Mombeeck 24th May 2007 08:42

Hello,

this short message to inform that the JG 2 Vol. 1 (1934-end 1940) and JG 4 vol. 1 (1942 - Autumn 1944) will be available from the 31st of May 2007 directly from me or from www.luftwaffe.be.

Best regards

Erik

By the way, the web site www.luftwaffe.be was up-dated and includes now a list of rare books for sale... we need space!

Erik Mombeeck 31st May 2007 21:14

JG 2 Book available from 31st May

Hello,

I inform you with great pleasure that the Volume 1 of the chronicle of JG 2 in now available.

More details on www.luftwaffe.be.

Best regards

Erik