Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Looking for ANY and ALL information on Unit 11/NJG5 that my Grandfather Otto Karl Tillack was in. (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=34188)

GranddaughterofLuftwaffe 7th June 2013 17:15

Re: Looking for ANY and ALL information on Unit 11/NJG5 that my Grandfather Otto Karl Tillack was in.

Just found out that my Grandmother was an Air Signals Assistant. Would there be any record of this anywhere?

Horst Weber 7th June 2013 20:33

Re: Looking for ANY and ALL information on Unit 11/NJG5 that my Grandfather Otto Karl Tillack was in.

Good evening !

Sounds like "Luftnachrichten Helferin".

Good Luck !

Horst Weber

GranddaughterofLuftwaffe 8th June 2013 15:19

Horst, Can you translate the first word for me lol I know the second word means help..... not sure of the first word
Char

Chris Goss 8th June 2013 16:05

German Air Force signals female auxiliary

Horst Weber 8th June 2013 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Goss (Post 167732)
German Air Force signals female auxiliary

Good evening Chris !

Better: Air Defence signals female auxiliary

in German: Luftnachrichten-Helferin or "Blitzmädel" = "Lightning-Girl"

best wishes

Horst Weber

Chris Goss 8th June 2013 19:46

My definition came from the wartime lexicon of the Luftwaffe produced by the RAF

Horst Weber 9th June 2013 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Goss (Post 167740)
My definition came from the wartime lexicon of the Luftwaffe produced by the RAF

Hi Chris,

don't care, it's the same !

best wishes !

Horst Weber

GranddaughterofLuftwaffe 10th June 2013 12:46

11th Staffell 11/NJG5

Does anyone know where i might be able to get a list of this Squadron?
I was also wondering since my Grandmother was ALSO in the Air Force in Germany where I might be able to find a list of people who served in the German Air Force Female Auxiliary. Air traffic signals. Guess they were known as the Lightning Girls.
Thanks in advance,
Char

Chris Goss 10th June 2013 13:42

Re: 11th Staffell 11/NJG5

Char
A list of what? Kills, losses, aircraft, personnel? Your Grandmother would be a different matter as lists of who would have served with her would be almost impossible to ascertain after 70 years
Regards
Chris

Maximowitz 10th June 2013 15:22

Re: 11th Staffell 11/NJG5

I believe Peter Spoden served with 6./NJG5 - but it would depend on the time frame. He's a member here...might be something, might be nothing. Just a thought really - thousands must have gone through NJG5 over the years though..