Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bf 109 parts found in Slovenia! (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=22586)

obivankinobi 6th October 2010 20:59

Bf 109 parts found in Slovenia!

6 Attachment(s)
Hello!

I am new here, my name is Marko. I am from Slovenia. I have some airplane parts (I was told that there crashed German Bf 109). Here are some pictures from those parts.

I would be grateful if somebody out there could tell me if they are from the 109.

Crash site is South from the city of Celje, Slovenia (during ww2 the town was called CILLI, YUGOSLAVIA).

Thanks in advance!

M.

Pilot 6th October 2010 22:09

Re: Bf 109 parts found in Slovenia!

Have you find data plate with W.Nr.?

Andy Saunders 6th October 2010 23:22

Yes, Me 109.

In the first picture you have part of the mainspar centre section with lifting ring.

In the second, what seems to be a portion of tailplane with section of elevator (minus fabric) attached.

In the last picture of top row you have the mass balance weight from the tip (front top) of the rudder. This will be a heavy steel weight.

What other parts have you found?

Tomislav Haramincic 7th October 2010 21:44

Hello Marko,

How far to the south from Celje is the crashplace? I have to known Bf 109 losses for this area, but unfortunately only one partly known Werknummer.
If would be great to identify this one. Please look for any numbers on the parts you have found.

best regards,
T

obivankinobi 7th October 2010 22:59

6 Attachment(s)
Hello!

Pilot - I haven't found any plate yet - unfortunately.

Andy – Thank you for all the informations and for confirmation that this is 109 (Can you maybe post any picture that points that parts on airplane?).

Tomislav – I don't have exact coordinates of the crash site (a few miles - aproximatelly airline). Could be in 1943 (I am not sure). Can you post the data about German airplanes that you have for this area?

Do you maybe have any information about one Russian airplane that crashed East from Celje (in the begining of 1945). I was told so by one old man.

I search also information about 100% s/d German airplane, that attacked the B24 (Peacemaker), that was later s/d by them (4 German airplanes attacked the B24) on 25.2.1944. Tail gunner s/d at least one German airplane (north from Celje).

Does anyone have informations about German losses on this area that day (maybe which German unit cover this area at that day).

Regards!

M.

obivankinobi 8th October 2010 00:03

6 Attachment(s)
On one small part there is ID 26992.

M.

Tomislav Haramincic 8th October 2010 11:58

Hello Marko,

These are the losses that mention Celje as the crash-location.

19.03.44 Bf 109 G WNr. unbekannt 2./JG77 Fw. Gerhard Staroste, Luftkampf mit P-38 - Absturz, FSA, (bei Cilli/Celje) - 100% rt.?+

24.05.44 Bf 109 G-6 WNr.16x253 10./JG27 Oblt. Ernst-Georg Altnorthoff (verw.), Luftkampf - Absturz, FSA, Neu-Cilli (Celje) / Sachsenfeld - 100%

I have also one loss for the 25.02.44 that could fit

25.02.44 Bf 109 G-6 WNr.162405 Stab I./JG53 Oblt. Horst Torrau (verm.), Luftkampf mit 4-mot - Absturz, FSA, 50km NNW Laibach - 100% TV+KG

The pilot from this loss is still missing. Please have in mind that the loss locations in general over the ex Yugoslav teritory are often very unprecise. The main air battle on the 25.02.44 took place in the Graz-Klagenfurth area, but it can not be excluded that Oblt. Torrau followed the bombers all the way to Celje.

best reagrads,
T

Primoz 8th October 2010 15:04

"50 km NNW Laibach" ist way too far to the west. And Sachsenfeld (Žalec) lies west of Celje.http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CC4Q9QEwBQ

obivankinobi 8th October 2010 17:24

Thank you Tomislav!

I have heard for the one that crashed between Celje and Žalec.

Is there any data about how those airplanes were painted (on one part there is some red color-tail section?).

Is there any German reports that are avaliable for this territory from that time?

About that B24 that was s/d on 25.2.1944 (in MACR there is written - mission Regensburg), but I am 100% sure that they were on the way to Graz (possible pilot mistake? - joined to wrong formation??). Crash site is here in Slovenia (Information abot crash was given from the Rural German police here). I was able also to talk with some local people that have seen that (a have a few parts from this airplane-received from the local people-not found). 7 crew members died and 3 were captured by the Germans (all 3 survived the ww2).

M.

ClinA-78 8th October 2010 18:26

'the red color-tail section' may be the color of primer

Best regards

ClinA-78