Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Books and Magazines (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   luftwaffe im focus for free (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=47574)

jim norton 9th March 2017 15:43

luftwaffe im focus for free

hi,

urbanke's luftwaffe im focus for free:

XXXXXXXXXXXX

there are also other issues. exchange the number in the link :-)

all the best
jim

Nick Beale 9th March 2017 16:52

Re: luftwaffe im focus for free

Jim, if you can establish that Axel Urbanke is happy to see his work reproduced in this way then post the link, along with the wording of his approval. Otherwise it looks as if you are just conniving in undermining the economics of producing a magazine that many of us value highly and would wish to see continue.

Gianandrea Bussi 9th March 2017 17:55

Well done Nick!

Crimea River 10th March 2017 00:03

Seconded.

jim norton 10th March 2017 14:27

hi nick,

yes that's true, but is not every post of info here in this forum from a book or a magazine that what you say?

and not i am the bad guy - the one who has scanned everything.

and maybe ebay-items should be posted here after the auction had ended. so noone could say someone promots his austion in this forum...

all the best
jim

Nick Beale 10th March 2017 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim norton (Post 230578)
hi nick,

yes that's true, but is not every post of info here in this forum from a book or a magazine that what you say?

No. Quotation of brief passages is universally understood as "fair use".

Quote:

and not i am the bad guy - the one who has scanned everything.
You seem happy to help the "bad guys", though. Maybe you should think about helping legitimate publishers instead by not promoting theft of their products.

Quote:

and maybe ebay-items should be posted here after the auction had ended. so noone could say someone promots his austion in this forum...all the best
jim
Usually the person "promoting" an auction is not knowingly promoting the sale of stolen property.

John Manrho 11th March 2017 09:06

Some people go to some extend to scan things. My Bodenplatte book was (is?) also on the net as pdf....the last time I saw it it was downloaded hundreds of times.....think about it if I sold 200-300 more copies....

John

Chris Goss 11th March 2017 09:51

I too have had the same as John-irritating but hard to stop. Then there was the ebay seller who had scanned a photo from one of my books & was selling it as "probably a scan". The photo was a personal photo from a long passed away friend & even had the same marks. Just annoys me that someone can be that brazen & dishonest

CJE 12th March 2017 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Manrho (Post 230608)
Some people go to some extend to scan things. My Bodenplatte book was (is?) also on the net as pdf....the last time I saw it it was downloaded hundreds of times.....think about it if I sold 200-300 more copies....

Don't be too disappointed, John. By my own experience, I know that those guys seldom - even never - buy paper books. They just wait for an opportunity to get them for free on the net. I know that it is irritating but there's little that can be done.

Mark Proulx 12th March 2017 16:43

A good place to start would be to have links such as this deleted. While it won't solve the problems of world wide fraud, at least this site won't support it.

Mark Proulx