Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Books and Magazines (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1.(F)/123 - The Knullenkopfstaffel - ENGLISH Version (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=49491)

Jukka Juutinen 8th December 2017 17:43

Re: 1.(F)/123 - The Knullenkopfstaffel - ENGLISH Version

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bombphoon (Post 243871)
'£41'??!!! Ouch!

£41 too much for a 336-page book in large format?!

stukapilot 9th December 2017 04:10

i ordered a mint copy from an eBay seller and received this book yesterday. i think it's definitely a great book well illustrated and tons of stuff. do hope the 2nd eng volume would issue out asap

Del Davis 14th December 2017 01:21

The dust jacket of your new book says that next book (2018?) will cover " Reconnaissance over England". What units will be included?

Knullenkopf 14th December 2017 10:57

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
the next volume of my Luftwaffe recce series "Fernaufklärung England" will deal with Aerial reconnaissance over UK and will cover information from different units (F)/12x, Ob.d.L., Wekusta also (F)/11, (F)/14 ... and also from
Bomber groups, when they made aerial photos during bomb runs / recce missions.

Focus is laid on aerial photos / recce information / individual missions and their influence on map making / gathering intelligence material / influence on decision finding of the German High Command for the warfare against Britain.

It will definitely be no unit history as volume 1 and volume 2 but will contain a lot of new photo material (promised!)

Depending on the success of the English version of "The Knullenkopfstaffel" I intend to provide German and English version of "Fernaufklärung England" at the same time.
Therefore I am looking forward getting your feedback about "The Knullenkopfstaffel" by mail / Amazon / ...

Kind regards
Harry

edwest2 15th December 2017 04:56

I would be most interested to know about the intelligence gathered shortly before D-Day.

Best,
Ed

Nick Beale 15th December 2017 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwest2 (Post 244184)
I would be most interested to know about the intelligence gathered shortly before D-Day.

Best,
Ed

With all due apologies for self-promotion, could I suggest taking a look at these pages, dealing with exactly that?

http://www.ghostbombers.com/recon/Watch/intro.html

Knullenkopf 15th December 2017 09:43

Concerning D-Day:
Our research is based on the same TNA files.
Moreover, my new volume will combine ULTRA information / German intelligence / mission reports with very interesting Luftwaffe photos of period around D-Day.

Nick Beale 15th December 2017 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knullenkopf (Post 244192)
Concerning D-Day:
Our research is based on the same TNA files.
Moreover, my new volume will combine ULTRA information / German intelligence / mission reports with very interesting Luftwaffe photos of period around D-Day.

Finding the photos is the really clever thing, congratulations on your success with that!

schnellmeyer 21st December 2017 01:25

Hi Harry , I received the english version of your book from Christian Schmidt in Munich last week . It is a wonderful collection of great photos and material . I was especially interested in the crews that ended up crashing in Ireland as we covered them in our book too . Wishing you continued success with it .

Orwell1984 23rd December 2017 20:04

My English copy ordered from Blackwell via Abebooks arrived in Canada last week. Looks very impressive and can't wait to read it over Christmas. Will definitely look to purchase future English releases.