Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Karl Burk (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=52610)

Paul v N 23rd November 2018 00:19

Karl Burk

Hello,

I have a question for you about a German Air Pilot that was MIA and I think we have found the plane where he is still in.
I am looking for more personal info about Karl Burk.

Lost on 22-02-1944 with a Fw 190 A-6 reg nr 550533 and he was of the 10./JG 2

https://verliesregister.studiegroepl...rea=&airfield=

Het is reported missing around Oud Gastel, but he is crashed in Steenbergen.
Al info below in the link and he crashed a t the same day as 2 other Pilots

1) Lt R Geissler crashed at Oud Gastel burried

2) Uffz E Tschirner plane crashed Oude Tonge Pilot bailed out but drowned when he landed with his parachute in the water of Zijpe.

The big boss of that day was Herbert Huppertz he was shot down to.

https://verliesregister.studiegroepl...rea=&airfield=

Do you have more info about Karl Burk cause we want to look for his family to give him a proper burial.

Can you give me any info about this man so we can track his relatives.

Do you know a specific place to look for his info?

If you have any other info about place of birth or anything let me know please.

Thanks, Paul van Nieuwenhuyzen

Steenbergen Holland

potatoes4651@gmail.com

0031-6-49301554

Chris Goss 23rd November 2018 12:19

Re: Karl Burk

I have a note of Haringvliet/Goerree/Overflakkee/Tiengemeten (apologies for spelling) for crash locations this day but I cannot comment on the source

drifter206 23rd November 2018 12:49

Hello Paul
hat off to you for possible find of MIA, but I suggest you should report find to proper authorities, they will do the rest. Informing family is also important but it should be discussed with authorities.

I don't want to give you lessons, this is not bad comment, I really appreciate efforts for such cases. Last year I had the same experience. I found something, reported straight away. Let experts do the rest.

best regards
Antun

John Manrho 23rd November 2018 20:22

Dear Paul,

The suspected and likely crash site of Karl Burk has been known for many years. For several reasons a recovery has not yet taken place. As you might have heard in the news the Netherlands will start a national recovery program for the coming years which has been funded by the Dutch Government. This will take care of several sites where MIA are still suspected in their aircraft. This program will not cover Allied crash sites only but also German crash sites.

The initial phase will start in 2019 with the first recoveries planned for that year. This list of possibly recoveries to be undertaken by the RNLAF recovery team together with the Recovery & Identification Unit of the Dutch Army does also include the possible site of Karl Burk. However, there are two other German Crash sites on the priority list before.

A team of the RNLAF and individuals are setting up this list of planned recoveries. I would strongly advise to leave any recovery at this site to these authorities. All information on Karl Burk is available, including next of kin.

Regards,

John Manrho.

Paul v N 25th November 2018 04:06

Well, the actual place where they found some parts can be the place, but we think that the plane crashed about 1,5 Mile further south south west.

The place where we think he is lying has a witness that saw the remains of the pilot still in the wreckage a bit more then 2 to 3 meters diep.

They torn of the parts sticking out and dumped the hole with sand, and there was never a recovery.

The other place more north where the SGLO thinks he is lying, has parts brought up but at my knowledge there was no one seeing the plane crash, they only found parts in a hole.

I think that it is possible that parts were blown of the plane and crashed in Dinteloord and the rest close to Steenbergen.

It can also be different and just the way round but that will be unlikely.

There are no other planes that crashed that day, or a big distance away by the Island of tiengemeten were 2 M 109's crashed into each other, but that distance is to big.

Do you have additional info about Karl Burk, age, where he was born and all other info? Just to put a face on him and make a little story around him for the 75 years of victory celebration next year.

Do you have some info?

Thanks in advance, Paul

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifter206 (Post 261134)
Hello Paul
hat off to you for possible find of MIA, but I suggest you should report find to proper authorities, they will do the rest. Informing family is also important but it should be discussed with authorities.

I don't want to give you lessons, this is not bad comment, I really appreciate efforts for such cases. Last year I had the same experience. I found something, reported straight away. Let experts do the rest.

best regards
Antun

It is not the case that I want to start digging, but just to locate him with ground radar or strong metal detector.

If there is more info about the person and a picture then I can give him a face and write something about him to give him a face.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Goss (Post 261131)
I have a note of Haringvliet/Goerree/Overflakkee/Tiengemeten (apologies for spelling) for crash locations this day but I cannot comment on the source

These are 2 M 109 fighters who collided with each other and both died.

They were both recovered and that is to far away to connect to the crash places we are talking about.

Burk flew with a FW 190 .

Paul