Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Books and Magazines (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   La Lehrgeschwader 1 l`Escadre au Griffon Tome 2 (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=57684)

Thanton 27th May 2020 11:50

Peter Taghon's book

Dear members.
I am interested into Peter Taghon's book,
''Die Geschichte des Lehrgeschwaders 1'' both volumes.
Does this is printed only in German language or it has been printed also in English ?
Possibly any other book in english language for LG1, which has rich info/data ?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Stig Jarlevik 27th May 2020 14:15

Re: Peter Taghon's book

Thanton

I don't believe it has been published in any English translation, but it is now re-issued in French by Lela Presse.

If it contains any updates by Peter or not, is unknown by me, since I stick to my German issues.

Cheers
Stig

stukapilot 28th May 2020 03:35

hi, Thanton
i have both editions of LG. 1, german and french. and french edtion published by lela in 2019 r richly updated, more unpublished fotos, nice profiles and personal recollections, while german edtion r just in black and white with few fotos
as far as i know, no english books about this geschwader r published. the french editions r highly recommend. using google translator, u could also understand french, trust me :)
and if u need more details, tell me and i’ll show u some pages of both editions.
best regards from shanghai

leonventer 28th May 2020 05:53

I agree that the revised French editions of Taghon's books are well worth getting in addition to the German originals. The first one was published in 2017 and the second one is due very soon.

As Stukapilot said, there are no English books on LG 1, but there is another German one:
"Die Ritterkreuzträger des LG 1, 1939-1945" by Ralf Schumann, VDM Heinz Nickel, 2007, 220 pages, ISBN: 978-3-86619-013-9
It contains:
  • a short history of the unit (5 pages)
  • a profile of each RKT (a few pages each + photos)
  • a list of all unit members awarded the Deutschen Kreuz in Gold
  • a list of all unit members awarded the Ehrenpokal
  • a list of the unit's Kommodore
  • a list of all Luftwaffe generals who served in the unit
  • a list of the unit's personnel losses
  • unit OOBs for various dates
  • Feldpostnummern for the Stab and each Gruppe
  • pictures of the Geschwader and Gruppe emblems
  • a list of Verbandskennzeichnungen for all Kampfgeschwader units
FYI, Schumann also did similar volumes on KG 1 and KG 2.

Hope that helps,
Leon Venter

Alfred.MONZAT 28th May 2020 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonventer (Post 289393)
The first one was published in 2017 and the second one is due very soon.

The book is being printed, it should be available next week :) .

Stig Jarlevik 28th May 2020 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by stukapilot (Post 289391)
hi, Thanton
i have both editions of LG. 1, german and french. and french edtion published by lela in 2019 r richly updated, more unpublished fotos, nice profiles and personal recollections, while german edtion r just in black and white with few fotos
as far as i know, no english books about this geschwader r published. the french editions r highly recommend. using google translator, u could also understand french, trust me :)
and if u need more details, tell me and i’ll show u some pages of both editions.
best regards from shanghai

All good and well S-pilot

However, what is important to me with a book like this is what the unit did and what its losses were doing that. Does the Lela Presse books change/add any of that?

Cheers
Stig

Thanton 28th May 2020 11:52

Luckily Stukapilot, I do speak French. Not perfectly but job will be done !
Gentlemen, highly appreciated all of your comments.
Thank you!
My very best regards to all, from Athens.

stukapilot 28th May 2020 13:35

Stig, i believe these books will meet your fancies. both french and german books r day-by-day records and have appendix pages with detailed geschwader’s victories and losses. however, i still prefer the well-illustrated french edition, although i do know few french words.
and Thanton, don't hesitate to order the copies. they're definitely worth every penny of yours
regards

Nick Beale 29th May 2020 17:31

I just got an email to say that Part 2 of the French version was published today (29 May): https://www.avions-bateaux.com/produ...RE+UNITES/4247

Fanair 29th May 2020 17:34

Yes a very interesting book !

Alain