Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Obituaries (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   nightfighter M.Becker died (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=3940)

Peter Spoden 9th February 2006 19:48

nightfighter M.Becker died

Martin Becker, IV NJG 6, passed away last night with 89 years. We called him Tino. He had 58 successes and claimed six 4-eng-bombers in the night 14/15 March 1945 and when out of ammunition he asked his radio-operator Johanssen to shoot three more with the rear-gun (KTB NJG 6).

Ehre seinem Andenken!

Sergio Luis dos Santos 9th February 2006 19:56

Re: nightfighter M.Becker died

Hi Peter, always hard to miss a friend.

JägerMarty 9th February 2006 20:59

Sorry to hear that. Did he write much of his experiences? I'm sure he had a few and would have been very interesting.
Sad news.

Peter Spoden 9th February 2006 21:30

I think David P. Williams is writing a book about this outstanding man. Maybe David can give us some hints here.

Peter

Martin Bull 9th February 2006 23:41

I'm sorry to hear this news, Peter.

May 'Tino' Becker rest in peace.

David P. Williams 10th February 2006 01:56

Martin Becker was an outstanding man, who i was fortunate enough to meet on numerous occassions whilst interviewing him for a biography i am writing about his life and career. Even though he had suffered with very poor health over the last 10 years he was still strong in spirit and with the aid of his close friend, Peter Spoden, we were able to conduct some very interesting interviews. He was lovingly cared for by his wonderful wife, Melitta, who nursed him on a daily basis and it was as a result of her love and devotion to him that he lived almost to be 90 years of age.
I believe that everyone who was fortunate enough to meet him will agree that he was an outstanding personality and his loss will be keenly felt through the avaition world. May his achievements long be remembered and i am relieved that he is finally at peace. God bless you 'Tino' and 'Horrido'

Frank Olynyk 10th February 2006 04:32

Would it be possible to note where he died? (City, town, suburb, etc.; not the actual address, which is "too much detail"). The death notices and obituaries in Jagerblatt usually do not give the location.

Frank.

JägerMarty 10th February 2006 10:33

I look forward to your book David, I saw him speak on a cpl of TV programs a while back and he came across as a fine & spirited fellow.

David P. Williams 11th February 2006 18:23

Frank,

Martin Becker passed away in Oberneisen, south of Limburg.

Frank Olynyk 11th February 2006 19:36

Thank you, David,

Frank.