Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Books and Magazines (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Forgotten Heroes - Aces of the Royal Hungarian Air Force in WWII (second revised, expanded edition) (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=45222)

Mirek Wawrzynski 14th January 2020 15:31

Re: A Few Questions to Forgotten Heroes - Aces of the Royal Hungarian Air Force in WWII (second revised, expanded edition)

Congratulations on a very successful book, great work, a lot of heart, very careful edition.

A few questions:

How many fighter pilots had served in Hungarian aviation from 1938-1945?

How many of them reported at least one victory?

I wonder if you got a 20 to 80 ratio in your book (20 percent of the pilots had 80 percent of the victories)?

How do you estimate the number of real wins (planes completely destroyed) to report successes (planes shot down) by Hungarian pilots?

regards,
mirekw

knusel 1st December 2021 21:29

Re: Forgotten Heroes - Aces of the Royal Hungarian Air Force in WWII (second revised, expanded edition)

Good evening Gentlemen,

can anybody tell how how many pilots shared in the shared kill of Dezsö Szentgyörgyi ?

Cheers,

Michael

Dénes Bernád 3rd December 2021 19:56

Re: Forgotten Heroes - Aces of the Royal Hungarian Air Force in WWII (second revised, expanded edition)

Zászlós (Flight Officer) Dezső Szentgyörgyi had two shared 'kills'. Details in Magyar Warriors, vol. 2, published by Helion & Co., in 2017, pages 155-157.

knusel 31st December 2021 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Csaba B. Stenge (Post 219457)
... two long range reconnaissance pilots, who scored 5 and 8 kills with their crews, respectively)....

Good afternoon Csaba,

I'm looking for biographies of aces who were the top-scorers of their plane type. Can you tell me the plane type of the reconnaissance pilots you mentioned ?

I wish you a good New Year's Eve, sincerely,

Michael

knusel 16th May 2022 10:44

...Pajtás László - Ju 88
Németh Endre - He 111
Cseh Lajos - He 111 ?

Csaba B. Stenge 18th June 2022 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by knusel (Post 319255)
...Pajtás László - Ju 88
Németh Endre - He 111
Cseh Lajos - He 111 ?

You can find the answers for all of your questions in the deepest possible details in the book. About Szentgyörgyi from pages 74 to 99, about Pajtás (Ca.135 & Ju 88) from pages 395 to 401, about Németh from pages 380 to 387, about Cseh from pages 387 to 394.

knusel 20th June 2022 18:14

Found it at the German amazon.
Your effort will secure that these Heroes will not be forgotten.

I wish you a good start into the new week,

Michael

Nick Beale 9th January 2023 17:19

News from Helion Books that "Forgotten Heroes" is now out in paerback, with Ł5 off the cover price for one week only:

https://www.helion.co.uk/military-hi...-world-war.php

Stig Jarlevik 9th January 2023 18:51

Very good news Nick

Especially for those of us who bought it when new.....
(Sorry N, one of those days I suppose.... :) )

Cheers
Stig

Jukka Juutinen 9th January 2023 18:59

Where were the hardback and the paperback printed in? Helion seems to use a Maltese printer for properly printed titles while UK-based ones for the cheaper (digitally-printed) ones.