Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I'm searching any historical data about the DB 601 N engine (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=53616)

Stab I./JG 51 - Mölders 5th April 2019 00:29

I'm searching any historical data about the DB 601 N engine

As the title says I'm searching any historical data\sheets\diagram about the DB 601 N engine performances, speeds, etc.

Any help will be a lot appreciated! Many thanks in advance!!! Salute!!!

schwarze-man 5th April 2019 08:53

Re: I'm searching any historical data about the DB 601 N engine

Hi! There is quite a lot of genuine detail available about the DB601N available. I see that you have posted a few times with reference to simulation like IL2, do you have questions aimed at that subject or, are you interested in the engine itself? Cheers

SM

Stab I./JG 51 - Mölders 5th April 2019 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by schwarze-man (Post 267104)
Hi! There is quite a lot of genuine detail available about the DB601N available. I see that you have posted a few times with reference to simulation like IL2, do you have questions aimed at that subject or, are you interested in the engine itself? Cheers
SM

Both.
I'm a Bf 110 lover from when I'm a child and I like also to play pc games where this aircraft is present, like, as you mentioned, IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz just to quote one of them.
In particular, in this case, I'm interested about the speed data from the original engine manual due to a personal research I'm making about it ( I'm always searching for new data that I consider still missing from my little database about the Bf 110 ).
The best thing should be finding the whole DB 601N engine manual\handbook of which I own only few digital copies of some pages of it but I'm never been able to find the whole one or a place where it is possible to download\buy\ examine it.
As an alternative also been able to consult the engine's manual page where the engine's speeds at different altitudes are reported should be great.

schwarze-man 5th April 2019 20:23

Hi! have you referenced all the DB601N information that you can find in the "Kurfurst 109" website? :)

SM

schwarze-man 6th April 2019 11:57

Hello again, If you search for the Hafner Archiv, you will find that he offers a CD ROM of the Daimler Benz DB601 Compendium for Eur59. This includes the title "DB 601 N u. P, Betriebs- und Wartungsvorschrift, LDv 506/2, 1940" which is the engine manual for Mechanics. Here you will find the normal engine performance details. Also, you might be referring to the extra U/min limit given later? If you look in the DB601N info in the Kurfurst 109 website, you will see references to the use of the 601N motor with special limits of 2800U/min and 1.45ata.

SM

Stab I./JG 51 - Mölders 8th April 2019 11:08

Yep I know Kufurst very well ( very good sources there! )

Many many thanks for your second information that was exactly what I was searching! You made my day Flieger!!! Danke!!!