Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Die Jagdfliegerverbände der Deutschen Luftwaffe 1934 bis 1945 (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Jagdfliegerverbände Vol. 10 (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=8114)

Del Davis 5th March 2007 01:45

Jagdfliegerverbände Vol. 10

Dr. Prien
When can we expect publication of the three elements of Volume 10? Your last post on the subject stated an expectation of publication at year end 2006.

edwest 18th March 2007 03:09

Re: Jagdfliegerverbände Vol. 9 / III

Although mentioned above under JFV 10/I, here is the Christian Schmidt announcement:

http://www.christian-schmidt-fachbuc...oducts_id=4841

Usual disclaimer,
Ed

Del Davis 27th June 2007 23:16

Re: Jagdfliegerverbände Vol. 10

Any news as to release date

Rasmussen 28th June 2007 16:14

Yesterday I've talked with an person from struve-druck and he told me that the first volume will be delivered in the end of July/ begin of August 2007 ... probably.

Best wishes
Rasmussen

Del Davis 28th June 2007 16:27

thank you

Jochen Prien 2nd July 2007 09:47

Gentlemen,

it is sad but it is true that the publication date had to be postponed over and over again owing to the fact that with official source material from the USAAF coming in late a lot of contradicting information has come up that needs to be scrutinized in detail and cross checked and eventually worked into the manuscript. Also there are still eight out of about 35 maps / track charts pending. So, I hope it will be August in the end. I'm very sorry to keep you waiting for so long this time but I hope that you will bear with me that there is no point in rushing things at the risk of publishing a book with avoidable mistakes. I do also hope that at the end of the day the result will make good for your patience.

Regards

Jochen Prien

leonventer 2nd July 2007 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jochen Prien (Post 45839)
I hope that you will bear with me that there is no point in rushing things at the risk of publishing a book with avoidable mistakes.

Absolutely. We appreciate your dedication and your consistently high standards, and we'll still be here when you complete JFV 10/I to your satisfaction.

Keep up the great work!

Regards,
Leon Venter

Jochen Prien 22nd August 2007 13:15

Gentlemen,

after a seemingly endless chain of delays from all sorts of reasons I can now inform you that the completely revised and augmented manuscript and material of Vol. 10/I of the Jagdfliegerverbände series is in print and will hopefully be available by mid / late September 2007.

The Volume will comprise appr. 500 pages, 43 maps and over 200 photos including a number of hitherto unpublished images, the latter mostly from JG's 3, 11 and Süd/50.

Let us hope that no more problems will arise and that we will finally be able to present the latest Volume as envisaged here.

Regards

Jochen Prien

Dénes Bernád 23rd August 2007 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jochen Prien (Post 49272)
The Volume will comprise appr. 500 pages, 43 maps and over 200 photos including a number of hitherto unpublished images, the latter mostly from JG's 3, 11 and Süd/50.

Is this correct, 200 photos? Previous volumes have much higher photo count.

Jochen Prien 24th August 2007 10:57

Yes, it is correct since the text and the maps take a lot of the space allowed by the publisher who doesn't want future volumes to exceed 500 pages for technical reasons and the desired durabilty of the books. Bigger volumes are difficult ( and obviously more expensive ) to produce in a way that they don't fall apart before too long.

The exact number of photos in Vol. 10/I will be 210. In Volumes 10/II and III there will be enough to make the overall number of photos something around 1.000 or more.

Kind regards

Jochen Prien