Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Focke-Wulf Fw 190D Camouflage & Markings (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   NEW BOOK - Fw 190 D Camouflage & Markings - Pt. 1 (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=2576)

David E. Brown 22nd September 2005 05:24

NEW BOOK - Fw 190 D Camouflage & Markings - Pt. 1

Gents,

For those of you interested in the Dora, it appears that the long awaited JaPo book on the Fw 190 D will soon be available based on the following information recently posted on their website - http://www.japo-publishing.cz/uvod_gb.html

Focke-Wulf Fw 190D Camouflage & Markings – Part I

The Focke-Wulf Fw 190D was one of the most elegant and powerful birds of prey in the European skies at the end of WW II. Similar in conception to “Messerschmitt Bf 109K, camouflage & marking”, this new work provides a thorough insight in the aircraft’s camouflage and marking schemes.

Part I explains the common rules used for camouflaging and marking of the type, and describes in great detail the various colour patterns applied to the different Focke-Wulf built Fw 190D-9 and D-11 production batches.

The book is fully documented with extracts from original documents, black & white, and colour photographs, as well as colour schemes and colour profiles. It is completed with a comprehensive loss list of the entire Focke-Wulf production.

Highly recommended for all students of WW II aerial warfare, Fw 190 fans, and modellers.

Hardback, 208 pages, approx. 240 photographs, numerous colour schemes, and camouflage profiles of 32 aircraft. English text.

One assumes that this book is now in press and will be available within weeks. It is very exciting to note that apparently the original single volume soft-cover book has now evolved into a two volume hard-cover set. No details are available on what Part 2 will include or when its planned publication date will be.

If one includes the undoubtably first-class Dora book in preparation by Eagle Editions, enthusiasts will be very well served (spoiled!) by these new publications which can't come soon enough.

Cheers,

David

Dan O'Connell 22nd September 2005 09:19

Re: NEW BOOK - Fw 190 D Camouflage & Markings - Part

I'm looking forward to this one, about my OTHER favorite german plane ;-)

Eric Larger 22nd September 2005 11:20

Hello David

Thanks for these kind words .

Now just very few weeks to wait . I can say nothing regarding the time spent on the project with Marc and Tomas .

As you mentionned in your post , the project initially planned for one book was split in 2 complementary issues . One of the main reason was the fact that we were able to get much more material than thought at the early stages of this projet which was also a human and friendship adventure .

New material , means , extra text, extra photo captions , extra drawings and we did not want to sacrifice the main purpose of this study , to propose earlier , unpublished material .

As said on JaPo site , this first issue will cover general information on Fw 190D-9 concerning the markings and the camouflage schemes , and will review in detail the markings and camouflages, of Focke Wulf built Fw 190Ds (Fw 190D-9 & Fw 190D-11) .

The subject of the second volume is easy to guess !

We include, as announced , a loss list of the identified Focke Wulf built Dora-9s .

This forthcoming book , if the first half of a common work initiate 11 years ago with Marc and filled a large part of our free time since then , and even more when elaborating the books themselves !

One more time

Many thanks for your post

Eric Larger

Micke D 22nd September 2005 12:40

Finaly I seems ready! :D
I really hope that it will be on sale soon; I think that we have been waiting much too long already! ;)

Eric: Do you know if there will be a long wait for Part 2?

Eric Larger 22nd September 2005 13:05

Hello Mike

Yes it will be on sales soon .

We know that people were expecting it sooner , but I can say to you it is worthy to wait .

Reading it could take few days , ellaborating it, with the level we wanted to achieve, tooks much much longer always too much for reader , always not enougth for authors to be as perfect as we want it to be .

Be just aware that producing such a book is not as simple as a roman . You have to deal with text, maps , photo captions , technical drawings , colour profiles , tables , original documents . And everything has to fit with everything . And we do it on our free time .

So volume 2 is on its way , it will not be issued in 3 years , I can promise it to you , but it will take some monthes to be ready . I can say in year 2006 .

In any way we are very pleased that some of you are waiting for our work.
All the best

Eric Larger

gibsonfndr 22nd September 2005 16:31

"As said on JaPo site , this first issue will cover general information on Fw 190D-9 concerning the markings and the camouflage schemes , and will review in detail the markings and camouflages, of Focke Wulf built Fw 190Ds (Fw 190D-9 & Fw 190D-11) .

The subject of the second volume is easy to guess ! "
errr ... "non FW built" ?

Eric Larger 22nd September 2005 16:41

YES

focke Wulf built large batches of Fw 190D-9 so there is enougth to complete the first volume for the detail study, only this manufacturer.

Eric Larger

O.Menu 22nd September 2005 17:40

YEP!
Already ordered some months ago... :)

Micke D 22nd September 2005 17:42

Hi Eric!

I hope that you didn't take my comments wrong; I have the highest respect for anyone that write good books, and I understand that it must be a tremendous work to complete a book of this type.

But as this is my all time favorite plane, any wait can feel too long. ;)

PhilippeDM 22nd September 2005 19:43

Eric and Marc, A very big thank you for this superb effort. I really hope to get it soon. It fullfill one of my dreams. Do you have found that long lasting (colour pic?) of W. Nr. 500645??? Perhaps I should wait to read your book before complaining;))) No of course, cause, IIRC it was not a FW own production...

Perhaps in volume 2.

Very big thank you again for your effort!