Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Books and Magazines (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New books by Brian Cull (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=24766)

Jim Oxley 10th February 2012 14:10

Re: New books by Brian Cull

That is a fascinating subject! Really looking forward to the Aegean book.

Brian 10th February 2012 14:52

Hi Jim

I have found the research fascinating.

I will keep those interested fully informed on progress.

Cheers
Brian

BruceMk11 11th February 2012 06:07

Thanks for those details Brian. That is a period of the air war in the Med of which my knowledge is pretty basic, so I'm really looking forward to your book.

Cheers,

Bruce

Martin Gleeson 12th February 2012 01:35

Brian,

Delighted to learn of your forthcoming publications. Several are on my 'must buy' list already !

Could you please tell us something about 'FIRST OF THE FEW' ? Is it an biography ?

For anyone interested in the Fleet Air Arm or the Norwegian Campaign I cannot recommend highly enough your 'FLYING SAILORS AT WAR, Vol. 1'. In my opinion it is the most detailed work yet on the FAA early operational history. So I am really looking forward to Volume 2.

Regards,

Martin Gleeson.

Lagarto 13th February 2012 18:00

I'm also looking forward to the FIGHTERS OVER THE AEGEAN. Thank you for having filled so many voids in the history of WWII aviation.

ANDREAS 14th February 2012 07:17

Count me in for the "The Fighters over Aegean" book. It is already in my list. I have a question though: will it cover the operations of IV/JG27 in the second part of 1943 against American bombers over continental Greece?

Brian 14th February 2012 16:53

Hi guys

Thanks for the interest and kind words, always encouraging!

Martin: FIRST OF THE FEW covers air activities during the month or so before the 'official' start of the Battle of Britain - 5 June up to 9 July 1940; this period is generally overlooked. It covers the RAF in France, the RAF over France and the Channel, the RAF in defence of the night skies, together with coverge of the Luftwaffe, the French and the Italians.

Andreas: FIGHTERS OVER THE AEGEAN does not include US bombing missions over the Greek mainland, but does cover the actions of the USAAF B-25G strafers over the Aegean.

Cheers
Brian

Dominik 15th March 2012 22:06

Brian
So far I've only covered 3-4 of your books and I've found them most interesting. After reading about your forthcoming titles I can't wait for 'Fighters over the Aegean' and 'First of the Few'. But I have other question. In other thread on this forum you've mentioned 'Spitfires over Tunisia'. When can we expect its releasing?

Regards

Dominik

JG53_Volto 26th March 2012 18:33

Great Brian...I'm looking forward to have first of the Few & Fighters over the aegean!!
Cheers
I'm still looking for Fighters over tunisia an acceptable price!

Brian 27th March 2012 13:13

Hi guys

Thanks for the encouragement. I hope both forthcoming books will meet with your approval.

Dominik: When I realised that Chris Shores was actually doing his re-write of Fighters over Tunisia, I decided not to go ahead with my proposed Spitfires over Tunisia, even though I had made a start.

I have been advised by my publisher that Fighters over the Aegean should appear in September. So back to the grindstone!!

Cheers
Brian