Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Any living Luftwaffe pilots we can list here? (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=10833)

WEISNER 16th November 2007 05:31

Any living Luftwaffe pilots we can list here?

Greetings gang, I wonder if we can all get together and come up with a list of living Luftwaffe Fighter, Bomber, Recon Pilots etc. that are still living? thought it would be good info to know for those researching projects, No need to post Addresses or such, Just Names.
Thanks much.
Kevin

Peter Kassak 16th November 2007 07:46

Re: Any living Luftwaffe pilots we can list here?

What would this effort be good for? to give signature hunters reason to bother people with the name given here around the world? ;)

ju55dk 16th November 2007 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Kassak (Post 54196)
What would this effort be good for? to give signature hunters reason to bother people with the name given here around the world? ;)

I also fail to see the reason for this???? Many of those who are still around
are for many reasons reluctant to be contacted by persons they do not know.

Junker

Horst Kube 16th November 2007 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Kassak (Post 54196)

... and those hunters even are not willing to pay for the return post costs.

I hate these "Cheap Charlies" and hope, none of the aces ever will give those disgusting, poor individuals any kind and in any form something, which looks like an autograph.

David P. Williams 16th November 2007 17:41

Very well said Horst!!

Most of these gentlemen just want to be left alone with their families. Let's honour their privacy!

Franek Grabowski 16th November 2007 20:20

Really? My experience is just the opposite, most of veterans I have met were most happy to help in any possible way, and definetelly glad someone was interested in their stories.

John Manrho 16th November 2007 20:59

I agree with Franek. I talked to probably around a hundred German pilots and I would say in some 3% I was turned down. Please note, none of these were the important aces or anything like that. They are sometimes harassed. I remember clearly when I visited Herbert Kutscha when he showed me piles of letters of people who just wanted a signed photo. He did not respond to any of those. At least that was what he told me.

Listing names seems to me out of the question. When you have something to say to these old veterans and that message is of interest to them, they will respond. No need to create a public hit list...

cheers,

John.

WEISNER 17th November 2007 03:24

Perhaps my thread was mis read? At any rate, I have bought several signed items Mr. Williams sells via E bay, signed by Mr. Spoden, Becker, Johanssen, Günther Bahr and several others I could name here. He has quite an ebay buisness selling signed items, mostly from NJG pilots.
Most Veterans Like the extra $2.00-5.00 per signature they get, it may help pay the bills, buy a Beer at the local pub etc....
At any rate my post was for research, and a signature may have been in line? Lets not forget these esteemed gents are getting old and soon any questions you may have will not be answered by the person who was there.
I never asked for addy's, Just Names, and to be honest I have received three so far via pm and E-mail due to this thread from vets themselves. Franek is right on in his statements!
Kevin

Jan vd Heuvel 17th November 2007 03:31

I agree. Showing a list on an open forum is making them vulnerable for harassment, but I would like to know if any member knows a still living German pilot who flew any of the captured Dutch planes (Fokker D-21, Fokker G-1, Fokker T-V, Douglas 8A-3N, Fokker T-VIIIW), and knows how to contact him, because that would be very helpfull for upcoming publications.

Off course if anyone knows of such a pilot (the chance is very small) and how to reach him, don't give the details on this open board, but just give me a PM.

Kind Regards,
Jan

WEISNER 17th November 2007 03:52

I do not agree, It just shows a list of those Heros who are alive, not a phone # and addy....And If a Person wants nothing to do with an asked question, they can simply throw it away?
Sorry I asked I suppose? and am off researching this in a different manner.
Kevin