Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I am interested in luftwaffe losses. Can anyone sell me some info? (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=15244)

Bogdan 27th November 2008 16:38

I am interested in luftwaffe losses. Can anyone sell me some info?

Hello all
I would very much like to have some CD format with as much as possible Luftwaffe losses for stuka, zerstorer, jagd and kampfgruppen units.
I am willing to pay for these infos
I am particularilyy interested in ZG, Stg, KG and JG losses for 1939-1944
Anyone having these informations please send me a quick note at Ardeleanubogdan@hotmail.com
Regards

Tony Jones 27th November 2008 18:53

Re: I am interested in luftwaffe losses. Can anyone sell me some info?

Hi

the e-m address you list comes up as invalid, I can help you so please send me a private message

Tony

Jim P. 28th November 2008 05:24

Bogdan,

If you find something like this be careful - there has been one unscrupulous individual who has been peddling a very old copy (from about 12+ years ago) of my database from time to time, not only ripping me off, but frankly the purchaser as well because that old file is practically worthless, the data being very poorly formatted and far from complete.

Tony Jones 28th November 2008 16:49

Bogdon

Its not the rubbish produced by Jim P but scans of the original QM 6 docs

Tony

David Ransome 28th November 2008 18:40

Tony,

I dare say that when it was produced initially it was quite good but obviously times and methods of data storage/retrieval move on, as well as more info becoming available. I presume that is what you meant to say?

As regards the CD(s) are they generally available and
if so are they the full QM6 lists? What would the cost be for them. I only ask as I suspect many would find them more useful than the microfilmed copies!

Regards

David

Norbert Schuchbauer 28th November 2008 19:01

Actually the microfiche or -film copies are better as far as quality is concerned. You can zoom in better and make out some of the unreadable data. The PDF files from the Bundesarchiv are nice but some of them are totally unreadable unlike their microfiche counterparts. (I have both)

This is just my five cents,

Norbert

Jim P. 29th November 2008 01:49

It very nice to have 15+ years of very hard work on the part of myself and George Morrison classified as rubbish. Thank you. I'm humbled by your praise.

Tony Jones 29th November 2008 12:30

Norbert

The microfilms at IWM are the master copy and much clearer that the copy they gave to Bundesarchiv, so scans of IWM films pages are nearly 100% readable

Tony

Ruy Horta 29th November 2008 12:33

Side note, posting your E-mail address in the clear negates all the protection we can give your privacy, especially considering SPAM E-mail. Please don't blame TOCH! for the potential increase in SPAM E-mail after doing so.

John Vasco 29th November 2008 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Jones (Post 77500)
Bogdon

Its not the rubbish produced by Jim P but scans of the original QM 6 docs

Tony

An unfortunate choice of words in respect of the initial work done by Jim P. Perhaps you could qualify your comments...??? You appear to have ignored his comment in post #7.