Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Allied and Soviet Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   3 Pułk Lotnictwa Szturmowego, 1945 (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=1230)

Ferreira 2nd May 2005 14:48

3 Pułk Lotnictwa Szturmowego, 1945

Hi!

At what Russian air army the 3 Pulku LSz (using de Il-2 Shturmovik) served, in 1945?

Cheers,

Franklin

Marek_W_Pilat 2nd May 2005 17:33

Re: 3 Pułk Lotnictwa Szturmowego, 1945

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferreira
Hi!

At what Russian air army the 3 Pulku LSz (using de Il-2 Shturmovik) served, in 1945?

Cheers,

Franklin

-------------------
Hi, Franklin !
3 PLSz served in 2 Dywizja Lotnictwa Szturmowego 1 Mieszanego Korpusu Lotniczego Wojska Polskiego [its means : 2 Attack Airdivision of 1 Mixed Aircorps of Polish Army ](2 DLSz : 1945, March airports Ujazd and Lublinek near Lodz. Operated from April, 24, 1945 for I and II Whiterussian (Belorusski) Front of Soviet Army in Berlin Operation. Before this, in period February, March 1945 operated for units I Polish Army (Pommernstellung, Pila<>Schneidemuehle; Kolobrzeg<>Kolberg) included in 4 Mieszana Dywizje Lotnicza (4 Mixed Airdivision of 1 Polish Army [ 3 infantry division about 7,5-8 thosend soldiers + 1 airdivision= 1 Polish Army on the East.
After : 1 Polish Army(without airdivision) + 2 Polish Army(without airdivision) + 1 Mixed Aircorps -polish).

Marek

Ferreira 2nd May 2005 19:34

Hi, Marek!

Thank's for the information!

Then the 1 Mixed Aircorps of Polish Army was not subordinated a Soviet Air Army?

In March 45 he was subordinated to the 1 Polish Army and later directly to the I and II Belorusski Front?

Cheers,

Franklin

Franek Grabowski 3rd May 2005 14:36

Actually 4 MDL (previously 1 PDL) was subordinated to 16 Vozdushnaya Armya. 3 PLSz was previously 611 ShAP and consisted of Soviet personnel, mostly Russians. Only in the last days of the war some Poles finaly arrived to the unit. It was the worst unit in the division, suffering serious disciplinary problems.

Christer Bergström 3rd May 2005 15:48

Quote:

It was the worst unit in the division, suffering serious disciplinary problems.
Interesting! Couldn't you please give us some examples of what you mean, when it took place, and - above all - please the sources to that?

Ferreira 3rd May 2005 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franek Grabowski
3 PLSz was previously 611 ShAP and consisted of Soviet personnel, mostly Russians. Only in the last days of the war some Poles finaly arrived to the unit.

Hi, Franek,

Same using the Polish flag the Il-2 was piloted by soviet's?

Ferreira 3rd May 2005 18:19

This profile is correct?

Franek Grabowski 3rd May 2005 19:17

Franklin
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferreira
Same using the Polish flag the Il-2 was piloted by soviet's?

I am not sure, there is very little photographic wartime record of the so called Polish aviation, but I believe all the aircraft had Polish checkerboards. Certainly all the Soviet personnel received Polish uniforms much to their dissapointment.
Quote:

This profile is correct?
No. Solid coloured Il-2s appeared in Poland only post-war. All the wartime aircraft had standard Soviet camouflage of the period. Some of them, those which survived long enough, were repainted post-war.
The profile seems not to be based on any photo and I would not use it as a refference.

Franek Grabowski 3rd May 2005 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christer Bergström
Interesting! Couldn't you please give us some examples of what you mean, when it took place, and - above all - please the sources to that?

I have written about that to you so many times, that I am not willing to do that again. Sorry.

Ferreira 3rd May 2005 23:28

Hi, Franek,

Thank's a lot for the information! :)

This model used the colors of the Il-2 of 3 PLSz?

Cheers,

Franklin