Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   stuka blueprints ,construction plans,factory pictures (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=15778)

philippe1 24th January 2009 11:51

stuka blueprints ,construction plans,factory pictures

hello Readers,
As we are planning to rebuild a Stuka B version we are desperate looking for WHATEVER can be found on info about technical drawings blueprints or factory pictures.in the past we have contacted the most of archieves (europe-usa- japanese) but this with minor results Hafner archieves has been helpfull in a certain way most of the doc found was maintenance,updates to former docs, technic pictures from JUNKERS .
As a matter its one big lake and most of us are fisching in the same lake.
A serious search was made on the internet hrs and hrs search but little came out.
As this is a verry important issue for our project we would likt to make a call to all of you,in case you know, have ,or can help us.ANY help would be appreciated.
We still have an idea that some stuff would or could be found into russian archieves but we have the language barrier.
We have in the mean time about 35 % of parts of stuka in storrage.
we have in the erea of 5000-6000 items
but its still a long way to go so guys if you feel to help us making this project comming to life for the benefit of all of us. feel free to contact us and tell us your founds even pictures from stuka parts from your collection are important for us
we can be contacted at
stuka12003@yahoo.co.nz
thanks in advance anyway

philippe1 27th January 2009 18:14

Re: stuka blueprints ,construction plans,factory pictures

it looks like nobody likes stuka ?

David Ransome 27th January 2009 19:05

No Philippe1, I'm sure that a lot of us like the Stuka, but I'm also sure that you have tried all the sources that we would have tried too!

I can't think of anyone I know who would be able to provide anything although one has just told me that the Airfix 1/24 scale model would be worth getting as regards panel format and various other detail. He also mentioned that the Out of Print 'Ju 87 Stuka - Classic Aircraft No. 5. Their history and how to model them' by Bruce Robertson & Gerald Scarborough, published by PSL in 1977 may be of some interest.

I presume that you have been in touch with the American museum that has a Ju87 B? Can't remember it's name unfortunately.

Sorry I can't be of any more help,

David

philippe1 27th January 2009 20:14

hello David,
I don't know what to tell on this,we all know that me 109 and fw190 are the 2 german fighters that loves everyone even when you look for hardware from those 2 planes sky is the limit in the prices.
I was thinking of making a kind of association for people with stuka interests to share vieuws or info or docs,i was told that worldwide 5 people are realy bussy with stuka . with so much already on my head with the project i need a second life like most of us who are contaminated with this microb.
the only places were i have not searched are russia and some other east countires, but i had hoped that someone would come up with something.
most of the peolpe who are interested in warbird or collecting stuff might have somethimes other items , just to give you an example i have technical drawing from albatros. i bought it long time ago and i still have it.

maybe a "problem "is that only 5700 stuka's were build
weserwerke was compleetly moved by the russians in 1947
what happened with the rest of paperwork of those other assembly lines??
plenty of questions little answers.
anyway we keep on searching, to relay on models its to risque coz the mesurements will never be 100% correct
kind regards

ChrisS 27th January 2009 23:42

Hello Philipp
This information is from http://www.preservedaxisaircraft.com/

Ju 87B/R-4
England
RAD
A5+DN
5./St.G.1
Privately owned, consists of aft fuselage, undercarriage, sections of the cockpit frame and battered propeller. Remains recovered from crashsite.

Ju 87R-2
Germany
PV
LI+BL
3./St.G.5
Techniches Museum Berlin, 3/St.G.5. On public view, unrestored

Ju 87R-2/Trop
USA
PV
A5+HL
1./St.G.1
Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, 1/St.G.1

Ju 87R-4
England
CR
G-STUK
L1+FW
3./St.G.5
Privately owned Epsom, Surrey. Registered 19th Dec 2003. Previously owned by Techniches Museum Berlin

Ju 87B-2 tail section
Yugoslavia
SD
98+01 ex VE+KU
Yugoslav Aeronautical Museum, Belgrad. Parts from a further three aircraft have been in the collection S2+??, H4+?? and 5B+??. Center section, parts from wings and engine cowlings etc have reportedly been sold to UK, but unknown if they have actually been sent there.

Ju 87R-2
USA
D
LI+KZ
1./St.G.5
Recovered from Russia 1998?
IV(St)/LG 1 aka I./StG 5 Reported sold in USA and the Flying heritage collection in Seattle.

Ju 87
Greece
D
S7+GM
Recovered October 2006 off Rhodes Island.
Ju 87R
Belgium
SD
Wreck and parts recovered for Belgium 1998/1999 includes parts from several aircraft including Ju 87R W.Nr 5820 of SG 102

Ju 87B
Germany
PVD
4./StG 77
Auto und Technik Museum, Sinsheim, major parts

Ju 87G-2
England
PVX
"RI+JK"
RAFM Hendon

Hope it helps

Chris