Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Books and Magazines (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Me 262 Production Log release date? (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=2290)

edwest 24th August 2005 02:57

Me 262 Production Log release date?

Does anyone have a firm date for the release of this book?

Ed

Dan O'Connell 24th August 2005 05:24

Re: Me 262 Production Log release date?

Hi Ed, a couple weeks ago Classics told me it was finished up at the binders, and expected it to be available "in about 4 weeks". Take care, Dan

Von Alles 24th August 2005 12:32

Hi,

on amazon.fr, a 1 or 2 weeks avaibility is annouced : rather optimistic, isn't ?
I am beginning to save money now, I can not follow the Luftwaffe edition book rate !!
Best regards,
Von Alles

Dan O'Connell 24th August 2005 12:59

Thank you for your interest! :-) It was a LOT of work, I hope you will appreciate it, and learn as much from it as I did writing it :-) Dan

edwest 24th August 2005 20:30

Thanks Dan. Looking forward to it.

Ed

olefebvre 26th August 2005 15:48

I saw the book yesterday, definitely not for the faint of heart. It's a massive work, it clearly contains the best informations regarding every 262 known.

Part 1 covers every WkNr known with a text varying from half a page to just a few lines depending on the informations known about it. A good job has been done towards mentionning the sources which is definitely needed with such a work.

part 2 cover the unknown wknr mentionned in losses or through pictures or other documents. The amount of text being proportional to what is known about them.

It's a great reference document, featuring few pictures (most well known) and a massive listing of details of the a/c. Clearly it's not a book you buy expecting to read it from the beginning to the end, but it's a most needed reference to anyone interested in either the type or the Luftwaffe losses or a/c listings.

Good job Dan :)

I suggest you prepare some addenda/errate page on your site as it would be i think a nice addition.

George Hopp 26th August 2005 16:31

Thank you for that description of the contents, Olivier. I had planned to ask for one because there is certainly no lack of books on the Me 262 already, and I was wondering how it differed from "The Me 262 combat diary." You have clarified that beautifully, thank you again.
George

Dan O'Connell 26th August 2005 22:21

Dear Olefebvre (Oliver),

My first book review :-) Your kind words are greatly appreciated. I had two goals in this work, 1: to find just how many really were built (that work continues), and 2: to clear up the 60+ years of mythology we all see re-printed over and over again. If it's in the book, it's documented, mostly from original war time documents. Some of the findings are quite surprising.
We had a great number of photos to choose from, however there was just to much text to allow printing many. Although many of the photos are well known, they are correctly identified to the best of my ability. The gentlemen at Classics are true professionals, and to their credit, stuck with the text.
I hope you all learn from it, as much as I did in preparing it. Very best, Dan

Dan O'Connell 4th September 2005 05:24

HI Ed, the book is available now. I got my copies a couple days ago.

edwest 5th September 2005 20:02

Congratulations Dan. I'll be getting one soon.

Ed