Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Eagles Over Europe Project (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=38848)

Aviart 7th July 2016 18:08

Re: The Eagles Over Europe Project

Also artists for French, Italian, and Belgium types for the 1939 - end of 1940 period.

Aviart 8th September 2016 09:17

It appears that the messaging system on my account is not working.

Could any interested artists please contact us at the following email address:

artwork.ihra@gmail.com

steve sheridan 3rd July 2017 12:03

Hi Larry, its been quite a long time since we had an update on the EOE project.
Are you able to give any news?

Best regs,
Steve.

Del Davis 2nd January 2018 04:07

What is the current status of the project? I think it is time for an update. It would seem that we should start to see publications soon

John Beaman 8th May 2018 20:52

Del I agree. Larry a lot of people on this board have helped you on this project with time and photos and information . I think you owe them and update.

Nick Hector 9th May 2018 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Beaman (Post 251716)
Del I agree. Larry a lot of people on this board have helped you on this project with time and photos and information . I think you owe them and update.

Polite question, John, is he even still on here? His oldest post in this thread was some years ago...

ouidjat 9th May 2018 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Hector (Post 251762)
Polite question, John, is he even still on here? His oldest post in this thread was some years ago...

You're right Nick.
One must/Schould ask LRG !
As aside comment:
Larry did stop to post here in TOCH when one thought very wise to put all Larry threads in only one without asking or warning him. Following one question/subject/machine turned to be impossible. Hence ...
Regards,
Franck.

robert 9th May 2018 21:29

Hi all,

Larry is very busy so I would like to give you an update on his behalf.
The manuscript is ready till 9.9.39. Maps are ready for a few first days. Now we are producing Luftwaffe aircraft profiles and started to create Polish aircraft profiles (we are waiting for the first). We set a deadline for the first part of the Polish Campaign book for 31.12.2018 (so any major text corrections or additions could be not done beyond this date). After this date the manuscript will be edited and adjust to our book format (page count for 1.9.39: 508). So I think the first volumen of Polish Campaign will be out next year.
During the last year we managed to acquire a major collection of Polish aircraft photos and this was very important move for our project.
Simultaneously we are working on Sitzkrieg and Norwegian Campaign so these books should be ready in quick succesion.
We are still looking for loogbooks, photos, memories, diaries etc. fitting in our timeframe.

Regards

Robert Szoltyk

edwest2 9th May 2018 21:38

Hi Robert,

Thank you for this update. I do not know what Larry and company are going through to complete this series. I realize it is a huge undertaking. Perhaps we could get a list of a few specific logbooks that are needed which would help others help Larry and his team. We don't know what you have and what is missing or needed.

Just my thoughts.

Regards,
Ed West

steve sheridan 9th May 2018 23:15

Hi Ed, that's a great idea by the way.
Thank you Robert for the much long awaited update.

Best regs,
Steve