Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Photo identification: SKG10 (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=1041)

Andy F-P 9th April 2005 08:55

Photo identification: SKG10

Can anyone help me with a couple of pieces of research. I have recently inherited some photographs that used to belong to Oblt Dr Oswald Laumann, Gruppe Adjutant of II/SKG 10 in early 1943. Laumann was KIA on 23 March 1943 during a 'Tip and run' raid to Dartmouth, England.

Can anyone identify any of the men on the attached photographs and also help me translate the writing on the reverse of the same photographs? I believe that I have translated some of the easier words such as Laumann and Hingst (Hptm, II/SKG 10 KIA March 1943) but would be very grateful for any help.

Thank you,
Andy

FalkeEins 9th April 2005 09:37

Re: Photo identification: SKG10

Hingst photo was taken at this officer's Beisetzung or funeral ceremony in the Friedhof (Ehrenfriedhof) or cemetery, Rennes, Brittany, on 11 March

robert_schulte 9th April 2005 10:03

Hi all,

the first photo says:
Ehrenwache von Oblt. Laumann und Oblt. Freudenreich (?)
Beisetzung von Hptm. Hingst und Obgefr. Schulz
am 11.3.43 Ostfriedhof (?) Rennes

Ehrenwache is guard of honour and Beisetzung is funeral.

second photo:
Gruppenappell der II./S.K.G. 10
next word possibly Heldengedenksonntag 1943,
Rennes
Heldengedenksonntag would translate into hero's commemoration sunday.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards
Robert

Andy F-P 9th April 2005 11:51

Thank-you Gentlemen for your quick answers. I appreciate your time. I am very happy to translate German but I have so much trouble with the writing on these photographs.
Best regards,
Andy

Chris Goss 10th April 2005 17:20

Andy-I am on holiday at the moment; contact me post 17 April

Chris

PS. It is very hot in Florida

Andy F-P 11th April 2005 08:10

Will do Chris. You lucky man! I am just setting off for work.

dahiot daniel 11th April 2005 22:54

Hello,

The Hpt. Hingst Horst is given loss 6 March 43. FW 190A-5, (WNr. 52562) to the north west of Rennes, (L'Hermitage). Hingst Horst is dead 7 March.
The Gefr. Schulz Othmar is dead during a bombing American of the city of Rennes it 8 March 43.

I research the loss of a Fw 190 of SKG 10, for 26 February 43, pilot (WIA)

Dan

BC 2nd May 2005 00:58

The Oblt Freudenreich mentioned in the Honour Guard is almost certainly Alois Freudenreich, who was KIA on 07.05.43 when his 6/SKG.10 FW 190A-5 Werk-Nr.2526 Yellow A crashed into the sea off Newport, Norfolk, following a low-level attack on the Gt Yarmouth area at 0715 hours that date. A Bofors gun crew claimed the FW 190, but it is believed to have been flying so low that it struck a ground obstruction, variously stated to have been a net drying rail, a telegraph pole, or the roof of a cottage on the clifftop, before somersaulting into the sea 300 yds offshore. Freudenreich's body washed ashore two days later and he was initially buried at Caister, but since reinterred at Cannock chase.

I would be interested to know which of the men in the picture is him ?
BC

RT 2nd May 2005 22:26

Here is some losses for the months around, nothing match for the 26.feb.43

dahiot daniel 2nd May 2005 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by RT
Here is some losses for the months around, nothing match for the 26.feb.43

Thank you for the file.

But I am novice with the infos.

That means terms, cause of the loss. : A MSTO AS - TM